No sound from Lyra/FabFilter

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Philh0954

No sound from Lyra/FabFilter

Post by Philh0954 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:14 pm

I'm using Auria Pro on and ipad pro with a novation launchkey controller. Creating a midi track and using any of my IAA synths work perfectly. When I switch to Lyra or FabFilter One or Twin 2 I get nothing (no sound or signal). I use a iconnectaudio4+ but have also tried it with the CCK to no avail. I believe it used to work although it's been awhile since I've tried it. I know I must be missing something simple but can't seem to wrap my brain around it.
Again, IAA synths work perfectly with my controller but when I change (or even start with) either Lyra or the FabFilter's, I get nothing. Tracks are armed.

Edit: Never mind. I got it to work. I still don't know exactly how though. All I did was arm a track, pressed record/play and played something, athough not having any sound. I then stopped recording and it just started working after that. Strange!

Corey W
Expert

Re: No sound from Lyra/FabFilter

Post by Corey W » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:23 pm

Hi Philh0954,
Did you originally have the track using Lyra or Twin2 record armed?
A lot of people forget that step and then assume their keyboard isn't connected correctly.

Also, in the Menu> Settings> MIDI tab ensure that the first instance of 'Launchkey' is set to send and receive Notes.
The second instance of 'Launchkey (InControl)' should be set to send and receive Remote
Change remote protocol to: Mackie HUI

This gets the transport working on the Launchkey keyboard, auto assigns the faders to the corresponding channel volume faders, the button below the faders becomes the channel mute/solo, button 9 will toggle between mute and solo , and the knobs will also default to pan knobs. The two round pads to the right of the square pads will change the bank (by 8 channels) to control the next 8 channels with the faders and knobs.

-Corey