Moving Midi Data

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Mac Ari
Expert

Moving Midi Data

Post by Mac Ari » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:06 am

I'm trying to move Midi data to align it with the notation grid. I choose "select all," then slide it over to the point I need it with my finger and poof! It's gone!! What am I missing here?

richardyot
Expert

Re: Moving Midi Data

Post by richardyot » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:58 am

Sounds like you're in "draw" mode. Tap the little pencil icon above the piano roll to go into select/move mode and you will find it easier to move notes without deleting them.

In "draw" mode the gestures are optimised for drawing and deleting notes quickly, so a long press will delete selected notes. In edit mode the gestures are optimised for moving notes around. Both modes are useful, and once you become familiar with how they work you should be able to edit the piano roll quickly.

Mac Ari
Expert

Post by Mac Ari » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:56 am

Thanks so much!

Mucci

Post by Mucci » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:51 am

The title of the thread triggered me to ask a question I have...
Never been into midi too much as I usually record real instruments live.
But, is it possible to move a midi track written in Garageband from mac into auria?
I mean moving the midi data?

Mac Ari
Expert

Post by Mac Ari » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:01 am

OK, I changed it from "draw" mode, but I'm still having the same problem. Could it be that I'm having a problem because I have all the notes in the sequence selected to try and move? It's pretty easy to do this with audio files, but the midi seems to be giving me a problem. I'm trying to get all the midi files to be in perfect time, trying to correct a drum performance.

Funjunkie27
Expert

Post by Funjunkie27 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:44 am

What direction are you trying to move the notes...earlier in time or later? If you're trying to move them earlier, you might be changing the note length, rather than the position, which would make them seem to disappear if moved far enough.

Mac Ari
Expert

Post by Mac Ari » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:01 am

Funjunkie27 wrote:What direction are you trying to move the notes...earlier in time or later? If you're trying to move them earlier, you might be changing the note length, rather than the position, which would make them seem to disappear if moved far enough.
Later in time.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:36 pm

Do you possibly have snap enabled by mistake? It's easy to overlook this. Check the snap drop-down box and make sure it's set to "None".

Rim