Mastering flow

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

PUMP
Expert

Mastering flow

Post by PUMP » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:49 pm

How do you all master? Are you using Auria completely for the mastering process? Are you sending a mix out and bringing the stereo track mix back in and mastering it with all fabfilter plug ins? Are you mastering within the project or are you using final touch or other mastering apps I'm curious.

levispeights
Expert

Re: Mastering flow

Post by levispeights » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:11 am

I tried Final Touch and it did ok but I am getting really nice results using FabFilter Pro-C 2, Pro-Q 2, and Pro-L on the Master strip of my projects.

thinds
Expert

Post by thinds » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:25 pm

PUMP wrote:How do you all master? Are you using Auria completely for the mastering process? Are you sending a mix out and bringing the stereo track mix back in and mastering it with all fabfilter plug ins? Are you mastering within the project or are you using final touch or other mastering apps I'm curious.
Yep, that's exactly how I do it. Mixdown and bring it back into a new project. I have a folder containing all the tunes pertaining to the album and another that holds all the tracks for mastering. That way, at the completion of the album I only have to make 2 swipes to delete it all.

Everything done with FabFilters or PSP.

PUMP
Expert

Post by PUMP » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:34 pm

Sweet thanks that's the way I'm thinking about doing mine I just have to get Pro-L.... I have final cut but I think I prefer to stay in Auria