iOS 9.3

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jg707
Expert

iOS 9.3

Post by jg707 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:21 pm

Hello all!

I'm just checking in with anyone who cares to comment...

I am currently using an iPad 4 with A FCA1616/ADA8200 combo interface on iOS 8.4.1 and Auria Pro and it's working beautifully!

I have held off updating to iOS 9.3 partially because I've been burned in the past by jumping on updates and partially because I've read horror stories on this forum in the past about iOS 9.x updates. I've also been involved with a producing an album project for the last several months (all recording done with Auria!) and I would never update in the middle of a project...

It seems like a few people have posted it's working for them now. Is that the general consensus? I'm not in a rush to update, but it does seem that that there are some CPU advantages to 9.3, so if it looks like it's working well, I'd like to make the jump.

Any thoughts? :?: Thanks in advance!! :)
Jeremy

drock
Expert

Re: iOS 9.3

Post by drock » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Hey there, so I dunno if my usage would apply to you or not but I figured I'd chime in anyways. I'm using a Auria for the same thing, a self-produced album that I've been working on for quite a while now.
I'm recording all analog instruments myself (except for synth apps) through an RME Fireface UFX tied to a Focusrite OctoPre Mk II via ADAT lightpipe at 96K.

So I've switched over to an iPad Pro recently running iOS 9.3 and it works really well so far, granted I haven't fully tested all mics/channels running simultaneously yet but checking each channel one by one works great. On iOS 9.2.1, I wasn't getting the Pro to recognize all available channels of my interfaces via the 'multiroute' audio mode. BUT in 9.3, it seems to work fine now..problem seems fixed. So, thats great since it was stopping me from moving forward since December (well, that, and I also broke my left elbow in the beginning of January so i couldn't actually play any instruments anyways)

So 9.3 works well for me!

jg707
Expert

Re: iOS 9.3

Post by jg707 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:31 pm

That's great, thanks for responding drock and good luck with the album! :D ...and your elbow... :shock: