Exporting individual tracks from project

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

novakram

Exporting individual tracks from project

Post by novakram » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:59 am

Hi all

I'm hoping you can help with something.

Situation: lots of songs have been recorded on one track - single mic put up in practise room and left to run. The audio has been trimmed and each song is now on its own track (16 of them). I want to be able to get each song out of Auria in a compressed format ideally to save doing that separately.

I've already tried exporting the tracks with all but one muted, but that obviously makes them all the length of the longest track in the project. Not ideal.

I've added some EQ to the tracks so I'm thinking the only way to retain this (aside from audio copying now, or exporting as AAF as I'm assuming that's just be the raw tracks) is to bounce down each track to another new track, then use audio copy, and convert to compressed format when on a computer. Lengthy.

Is there any other way?

Thanks

Edit - audio copy should read audio share I think. You can't do this through audio copy without an export app to copy in to...?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Exporting individual tracks from project

Post by Rim » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:13 am

Actually, soloing one track and using Mixdown is probably the easiest method. But with one change - use the "Locator Range" option at the top, instead of Entire Song. This will create a mix down using the locators range you define beforehand.

Rim

novakram

Post by novakram » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:16 am

Thanks Rim. I assumed this function didn't exist because I'd looked! Should have known you'd built it in!

I'll give it a whirl.

vesodoc

Post by vesodoc » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi,

I've done both ways:
1. soloing one track, mixdown and exporting it as wav file
2. Muting and freezing the other tracks and mixdown, then export as wav.
It takes roughly the same amount of time and strangely the same file size of the exported track.
My question is:
- is there a way to have mixdown with all the tracks automatically exporting them individually, not summing in one "master track"?

Thank you!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:44 pm

Yes, that's called "Stems". In the Mixdown section, that's an option in the dropdown box.

Rim