CRASHES on iPad PRO with only 4 midi tracks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

760leldridge

CRASHES on iPad PRO with only 4 midi tracks

Post by 760leldridge » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:24 pm

Am I doing something wrong?? I still can't fully figure out how to receive midi note data from IAA's. I've tried EVERYTHING, I SWEAR!?! definitely NO iMPC PRO midi data.. Therefore, I've only been trying with continuous other apps. I was able to get a couple of riffs recorded with their midi notes using NAVE and THOR (but usually only fabfilters record the midi notes). So in my excessive attempts to see which apps work best and actually record midi data, the app CRASHES CONTINUOUSLY!!! I was able to receive audio into Auria but rarely am able to get the midi notes recorded in there. I set it up correctly in BOTH apps midi routing settings (I know because it's worked with Nave and Thor), but for some reason it's back to being shady again not coinciding with the Sunrizer app.

My main question is, am I doing something wrong? Or is this a common error others are continuously having as well??? When enabling ALL POSSIBLE MIDI ROUTING (in and out) in the settings, is that too much for the iPad Pro to handle? Referring to highlighting all the midi ins and outs inside the settings. I mean, so far it's only running two apps, Auria and (Thor, or Nave, or etc.) with maybe 3-4 midi track AND THATS IT!!!

so what can I do to avoid this?? Run one at a time, constantly bouncing audio? I don't get it, I've seen videos of individuals running 48 MIDI TRACKS AT ONCE AND IT DIDNT CRASH!!! Also, my iPad is BRAND NEW, SO THERES PLENTY OF SPACE ABAILABLE, that should not be an issue..

CAN ANYONE (preferably someone with some decent experience) HELP CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR ME?? MAYBE GIVE ME A LITTLE INSIGHT OF WHATS WRONG?? Or did I just get a bad iPad?? Or does Auria really suck this much?? As I don't think it's either of those last two questions....

PLEASE SOME HELP ME!!!!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: CRASHES on iPad PRO with only 4 midi tracks

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:47 pm

See my reply to your other post..

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 111#p48111

Rim

Tracii Guns
Expert

Post by Tracii Guns » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:42 am

I never received this version of Auria :(
Apparently ! Apparent level goes way past 11!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:30 am

@760leldridge, did you read my response? Did my suggestions work?

Rim

sukEEt
Expert

Post by sukEEt » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:16 pm

So many caps from someone who needs help ... Tisk, tisk ... Rim is a super duper dude-bro who helps even the most helpless newbs with anything ... I hope you can calm down enough to realize this ... PS. Mine is running great on my iPad mini 3 so it is probably something you are doing wrong ...

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:14 pm

760leldridge wrote:Am I doing something wrong?? I still can't fully figure out how to receive midi note data from IAA's. I've tried EVERYTHING, I SWEAR!?! definitely NO iMPC PRO midi data.. Therefore, I've only been trying with continuous other apps. I was able to get a couple of riffs recorded with their midi notes using NAVE and THOR (but usually only fabfilters record the midi notes). So in my excessive attempts to see which apps work best and actually record midi data, the app CRASHES CONTINUOUSLY!!! I was able to receive audio into Auria but rarely am able to get the midi notes recorded in there. I set it up correctly in BOTH apps midi routing settings (I know because it's worked with Nave and Thor), but for some reason it's back to being shady again not coinciding with the Sunrizer app.

My main question is, am I doing something wrong? Or is this a common error others are continuously having as well??? When enabling ALL POSSIBLE MIDI ROUTING (in and out) in the settings, is that too much for the iPad Pro to handle? Referring to highlighting all the midi ins and outs inside the settings. I mean, so far it's only running two apps, Auria and (Thor, or Nave, or etc.) with maybe 3-4 midi track AND THATS IT!!!

so what can I do to avoid this?? Run one at a time, constantly bouncing audio? I don't get it, I've seen videos of individuals running 48 MIDI TRACKS AT ONCE AND IT DIDNT CRASH!!! Also, my iPad is BRAND NEW, SO THERES PLENTY OF SPACE ABAILABLE, that should not be an issue..

CAN ANYONE (preferably someone with some decent experience) HELP CLEAR SOME THINGS UP FOR ME?? MAYBE GIVE ME A LITTLE INSIGHT OF WHATS WRONG?? Or did I just get a bad iPad?? Or does Auria really suck this much?? As I don't think it's either of those last two questions....

PLEASE SOME HELP ME!!!!

are you the one who's left a bad review on App Store? Just my curiosity.
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

760leldridge

Post by 760leldridge » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:00 am

I finally figured out a work around by using another keyboard to record the midi data that I wanted inside Auria. I am continuously just having one issue after the next it seems. I don't seem to be having to much fun with this app because something else I attempt doesn't work. I just keep trying new things, sometimes figuring out another work around. As of now, I am having issues with recording iaa into an audio track. I tried to routing the iaa in the Chanel strips effects side as I've seen it done before but it never is able to link with the app. ALWAYS STATES that it can't connect and to try closing and opening again but it still doesn't work. Is there another way to record the audio into an audio track that's coming from an iaa midi track?
I was able to get sunrizer to record an audio track and the midi note data at the same time only once, now it constantly says that it's unable to connect and try again. This is with ALL other apps as well.
I understand that I am new and just need these simple functions to become second nature but I seem to be having More issues than time spent productively creating, recording, and performing. A lot of my trouble is from lack of knowledge and experience with Auria but I'm sure I'll pick it up quickly. I wish there were a few more in depth video tutorials, I'm tired of resorting to the user manual constantly.

stromberg-carlson
Expert

lynda dot com

Post by stromberg-carlson » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:18 am

lynda.com has a nice video tut up on this app. highly recommended.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:52 am

IAA can be really tricky to get working properly, and I recommend using Audiobus instead if you're having trouble with it. If you're getting messages about IAAs not loading, I suggest rebooting your iPad. This issue can happen if an IAA gets "stuck", and a robot is the only way to solve it.

Rim

dermichl

Post by dermichl » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:04 am

760leldridge wrote:...A lot of my trouble is from lack of knowledge...I'm tired of resorting to the user manual constantly.
sounds reasonable, doesn't it?

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:22 pm

760leldridge wrote:I finally figured out a work around by using another keyboard to record the midi data that I wanted inside Auria. I am continuously just having one issue after the next it seems. I don't seem to be having to much fun with this app because something else I attempt doesn't work. I just keep trying new things, sometimes figuring out another work around. As of now, I am having issues with recording iaa into an audio track. I tried to routing the iaa in the Chanel strips effects side as I've seen it done before but it never is able to link with the app. ALWAYS STATES that it can't connect and to try closing and opening again but it still doesn't work. Is there another way to record the audio into an audio track that's coming from an iaa midi track?
I was able to get sunrizer to record an audio track and the midi note data at the same time only once, now it constantly says that it's unable to connect and try again. This is with ALL other apps as well.
I understand that I am new and just need these simple functions to become second nature but I seem to be having More issues than time spent productively creating, recording, and performing. A lot of my trouble is from lack of knowledge and experience with Auria but I'm sure I'll pick it up quickly. I wish there were a few more in depth video tutorials, I'm tired of resorting to the user manual constantly.
I think it's possible to update reviews on the App Store.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:48 pm

It is a bit of a battle at times to get things to work the way you want on iOS. And there are definitely still bugs in the new version, but they are being sorted out. But I'm still amazed every time I open it up and start messing, the amount of things I can do. To be honest, I have pretty much everything I need now, between Auria, the plugins, Thumbjam, Bias, GeoShred and GeoSynth, and Notion. I also like to use Audiobus, it's just so much slicker than IAA. It's kind of crazy how good it all is. I buy some IAPs from time to time, but for the most part, I'm pretty well set. I can't think of anything I can't do, to be honest, musically speaking, that is.

giomakyo
Expert

Post by giomakyo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:00 am

Agreed, Audiobus over IAA for sure.
Some crashing with input apps for me, but usually just means closing and reopening the app and then everything is fine.