Lyra - Importing EXS24 drumkits - gives only full velocity

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

xmortenx

Lyra - Importing EXS24 drumkits - gives only full velocity

Post by xmortenx » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:39 pm

I´m trying to import EXs 24 kits to Lyra. They import fine - however they will only play back at full velocity ignoring whatever velocity I input in the piano roll...

I´we made both Round Robin kits and more simple ones: All play fine in Logic Exs24.

Here is a link to a downloadable kit that does only play with full velocity...

http://logic-cafe.com/LC/index.php/down ... -logic-pro

Any idea´s to what is going on ?

Morten

Corey W
Expert

Re: Lyra - Importing EXS24 drumkits - gives only full veloci

Post by Corey W » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi Morten,
Here is how to fix the Linndrum EXS file (and possibly your others as well)
-Load the LM2.exs and sample files into EXS24 in Logic.
-Click on the 'edit' button in EXS24 (located on the top right next to where you select your sample)
-In the edit window when looking at 'Zones', go over to 'View' and select 'View All'.
-Highlight all of the samples in the window and Deselect 'Pitch' under the 'Playback' column.
-Pan over to the right and check all of the 'On' buttons under the 'Vel. Range' column.
-Save your changes in the edit window and close it. (Remember where your LM2.exs file is saved)
-Looking back at the main EXS24 screen, click on the 'Options' button (located next to 'Edit) and from the drop down menu select 'Save Settings To Instrument' and 'Overwrite' the current settings.
-Delete the current LM2.exs file and sample folder from Auria Pro and drag in the newly saved files from Logic.

xmortenx

Post by xmortenx » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Thanks! Will try it out. :)

Will Lyra read Round Robin made in Exs ?? - Exs has this weird way to make Round Robin with groups that link to each other...

:D

xmortenx

Post by xmortenx » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Velocity is now working :D

Problems remaining though. I have a choked HH group - an open HH sample and a bit of silence put in a group with polyphony of 1 each on a seperate key. This works fine in Logic - but not in Lyra. The key with the silence will not cut off the open HH sample ??

Any ideas ??

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:48 am

The round robins made in EXS24 do work in Lyra. It works by group linking (see the attached screen shot).
If you have a Snare(A) and Snare(B) under the column "Select Group By" you would leave Snare(A) blank and insert Snare(A) as the group 'trigger' for Snare(B). If you have a Snare(C) then its trigger would be Snare(B).

For the HH choking you want to leave polyphony at Max so you don't effect playback of fast notes and instead under the column 'Voices'> 'Exclusive'> assign all of your HiHats to the same Class number (In the screen shot they are all assigned to Class 1).

Let me know if that makes sense.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 9.40.48 AM.png