Fab filter pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Teresaymc

Fab filter pro

Post by Teresaymc » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:21 pm

I purchased fab filter pro last night and have not been able to access it. Seems like it will not download. There is a "restore purchase" in the top right corner and every time I hit that it says the the purchase has been restored and it will take time to download.

Does anyone have any ideas here or know what this problem is.

Washboy
Expert

Re: Fab filter pro

Post by Washboy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:08 pm

The FabFilter Pro IAPs don't actually download. They're already part of Auria and get 'unlocked' when you purchase them. If you check in the Auria Store (where you purchased the FabFilter) and tap on the IAP that you purchased you should see "Installed" at top-right of the description page for that IAP.

Which FabFilter plug-in did you purchase?

Teresaymc

Post by Teresaymc » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi I purchased the fab filter pro-L. i figured out how to open it under FX where I open my bias effects. To be honest I have no idea how to use it either. I have never done this before but I have a complete song and I opened the filter pro under the master track and didn't really hear anything different that it did so I'm not sure if I am using it correct.

thinds
Expert

Post by thinds » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:26 pm

Teresaymc wrote:Hi I purchased the fab filter pro-L. i figured out how to open it under FX where I open my bias effects. To be honest I have no idea how to use it either. I have never done this before but I have a complete song and I opened the filter pro under the master track and didn't really hear anything different that it did so I'm not sure if I am using it correct.
Probably the most helpful and informative info is on the FabFilter YT channel. The whole collection of tutorials by Dan Worral are excellent. Here's one that introduced me to the basics of the L.

http://youtu.be/d7PYjalQ2vQ

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:32 pm

Put in on the master when you have your mix where you want. You then use it to boost and shape the gain. You can try different presets to see how they sound. But it's great value is that you can boost the gain up, and round off your peaks, in a very pleasing manner. That's what it does. You should have recorded everything at minus 10 to 12 db, to give yourself a bunch of headroom for mixing, and to do the final boost and round down your peaks.