XAIR to Auria Pro full 18 tracks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

flip18436572

XAIR to Auria Pro full 18 tracks

Post by flip18436572 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:53 pm

I am trying to use the XAIR software with the XR18 by behringer and then USB to the iPad Pro and use Auria Pro. I have also searched for this issue on this board and did not find anything, so I am posting a new thread.

I want to record all of the tracks that we are playing live using the xair software on the XR18 mixer directly to the Auria Pro software. I have the proper adapter cable for the iPad Pro to USB and a new USB cable for the connection from the XR18 to the iPad Pro.

I have tried it with the microphone turned on with the iPad Pro and off with regards to the Auria software.

I have the settings in the XAIR software from channel 1 to channel 1 output via USB and 2 to 2, etc....

The only thing that is picking up any signal is the actual microphone on the iPad Pro.

I read on-line and asked people in advance and they said that yes, you can run live sound with the iPad Pro and XAIR app and then USB in to the same iPad Pro and record those exact same channels outputs to the Auria Pro software. So, I bought all of these items, and I am not getting any signal to the Auria Pro app. I have watched youtube video after video trying to find the simple piece of information that I am obviously missing to make this happen. Behringer even has a video showing that it works, but they do not discuss any special settings that may need done with XAIR or Auria Pro to make it happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Corey W
Expert

Re: XAIR to Auria Pro full 18 tracks

Post by Corey W » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi flip18436572,
-Do you have the XAir app running on the same iPad as Auria Pro?

-Does the XAir app register your XR18?

-Are you using a genuine Apple Camera Connection Kit (Apple Lightning to USB Adapter)?

-No matter what you are doing, make sure you keep the System Microphone set to 'On' for Auria Pro. (iPad Settings> Auria Pro> 'Microphone' button showing Green)

-If you are only picking up signal through the iPad microphone into Auria Pro, then there is something not properly connected. You should be able to have Auria Pro open, Plug in and Turn on your XR18 and then plug the USB cable into the iPad via the Lightning Adapter and then see the 'INT' at the top of the Auria screen change to 'USB'.

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:19 pm

To start with the so-so obvious settings, did you record enable/arm 18 audio tracks? Auria will not show a signal unless you arm the track for recording.

flip18436572

Post by flip18436572 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:50 pm

@radside, yes I armed all the channels, but still was not seeing any signal

@Corey W:

-Do you have the XAir app running on the same iPad as Auria Pro? Yes, as I was told that works well, so I bought all new.

-Does the XAir app register your XR18? Yes

-Are you using a genuine Apple Camera Connection Kit (Apple Lightning to USB Adapter)? That is what I bought online, but it doesn't have an Apple emblem on it.

-No matter what you are doing, make sure you keep the System Microphone set to 'On' for Auria Pro. (iPad Settings> Auria Pro> 'Microphone' button showing Green) I left it there in the settings of the iPad Pro.

-If you are only picking up signal through the iPad microphone into Auria Pro, then there is something not properly connected. You should be able to have Auria Pro open, Plug in and Turn on your XR18 and then plug the USB cable into the iPad via the Lightning Adapter and then see the 'INT' at the top of the Auria screen change to 'USB'. ---- I will try this tonight and see what is going on. I was told to hook up to XAIR first and then turn on Auria, but I will try it your directions.

THANKS.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:59 pm

The direction in which you connect the XR18 to your iPad and open the apps is one in the same.
You are connecting successfully to the XAir app through Wifi, correct?
If Auria is not registering a 'USB' at the top instead of 'INT' after you make your connection then there may be something wrong with the lightning adapter you purchased. There is no Apple logo on the genuine adapter, but it should have a small camera picture on one side and the other side should say "Designed by Apple in California Model A1440"

You are definitely on the right track to have everything connected and working. You just need the iPad to recognize the XR18 through a physical connection and you will be set up to record.

Let me know your progress with this.

flip18436572

Post by flip18436572 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Corey W wrote:The direction in which you connect the XR18 to your iPad and open the apps is one in the same.
You are connecting successfully to the XAir app through Wifi, correct?

Yes, XAir app is wifi

If Auria is not registering a 'USB' at the top instead of 'INT' after you make your connection then there may be something wrong with the lightning adapter you purchased. There is no Apple logo on the genuine adapter, but it should have a small camera picture on one side and the other side should say "Designed by Apple in California Model A1440"

I will look at the adapter when I get back home and see, but I don't remember anything showing on the adapter. And I no longer have the adapter packaging to look it up.

You are definitely on the right track to have everything connected and working. You just need the iPad to recognize the XR18 through a physical connection and you will be set up to record.

Maybe my adapter is not correct, but it looks like all of the other connectors, but it would not be the first time a genuine apple product failed for me right out of the package.

Let me know your progress with this.

flip18436572

Post by flip18436572 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:18 pm

The only way it works, is to power off iPad Pro, connect lightning cable adapter, power on, open Auria Pro, then open Xair

MikeyW

Post by MikeyW » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Hopefully not breaking any rules with this info, but running 9.3 public beta six (and has been consistent through the 9.3 phase) on an iPad mini 4 & an X18 is very consistent with plugging in CCK - I thought mine was defective with 9.2.x, but now as long as Auria is running it connects with no issue at all!