Parallel channels

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BennieTonini
Expert

Parallel channels

Post by BennieTonini » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:43 am

Ahoy AP people,

On the iPad Musician Group on FB we discussed the possibility to create a parallel channel.
In Reason 7 it is right click a track and promptly you have doubled the channel and can put compression on it
and what not. If you mute the parallel channel the original channel is still hearable.

https://ask.audio/articles/exploring-pa ... n-reason-7

In Auria Pro we have the possibility to use "buses" or "subgroups" but the original channel mutes as well if you mute
the channel with the INPUT on Bus 1. Same for a subgroup.

Any insight on this or is it something for an update? If I put compression on a subgroup we have the possibility to "mix" it with a rotary to get a dry/wet ratio. So that's great! But if I make a new audio track and route the first track into the second with the bus, it seems not to be a parallel channel. Even if it has some behaviour of it, if I mute the second, the first track mutes as wel. There are some work arounds but this would be a great feature to have. :mrgreen:

I know how to work with the Aux so maybe the parallel channel is redundant this way? Never the less I use it a lot in my Reason work.

richardyot
Expert

Re: Parallel channels

Post by richardyot » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:43 am

Just route your channel to two separate busses and into two new channels, one wet, one dry. Then you can mute one and not the other.

BennieTonini
Expert

Re: Parallel channels

Post by BennieTonini » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks!

I didn't tried to route the Audio towards 2 "different" buses before. Something learned today :P