Recording Set Up

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Teresaymc

Recording Set Up

Post by Teresaymc » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Just trying to understand the best way to set up a track for guitar.

Is it best to use a stereo track or mono track for guitar?

Also if someone can explain the input and output functions and the best way to set those up as well.
I am brand new to this and also am using bias amp and effects and it seems like I have to fiddle around
With the FX buttons in the track itself, the master track and the aux as well and I would like to know
The proper or best way.

mschenkel
Expert

Re: Recording Set Up

Post by mschenkel » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:33 am

Teresaymc wrote:Just trying to understand the best way to set up a track for guitar.

Is it best to use a stereo track or mono track for guitar?

Also if someone can explain the input and output functions and the best way to set those up as well.
I am brand new to this and also am using bias amp and effects and it seems like I have to fiddle around
With the FX buttons in the track itself, the master track and the aux as well and I would like to know
The proper or best way.
Is a guitar a mono or a stereo source? If it is mono does it have any sense to record twice the same track?
I don't know what you mean for input output options.
You should open the FX window and on the right you have fore tiny withe bars where you can insert your effect such as BIAS. I wouldn't touch aux and master track.
A way to make more profit out of these threads is to list what you want to do, how and with what setup; for example:
"I'm trying to record a guitar track directly through my iRig in to my iPad Air 2 to later on put some BIAS on it". This gets a different answer depending on the recording device you are using(if it is the internal mic you get one approach, if it is a 8in interface is another).

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Recording Set Up

Post by rickwaugh » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:57 pm

If you want to use a stereo effect, such as some of the ones in Timeless, then you want a stereo track. Otherwise, you're just taking extra space. I generally do record in stereo, just in case I want to use an effect like that.