Tempo matching AIFF drum loops in Auria Pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pegleg85
Expert

Tempo matching AIFF drum loops in Auria Pro

Post by pegleg85 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:05 am

I just upgraded to Auria Pro (and iPad Pro - a match made in heaven) and was trying to figure out how to tempo stretch a LoopLoft AIFF drum loop. The user guide was unclear about that. Surely it must be a different process than simply hand warping each transient? Does it use the quantize feature? That also seems clunky.

Any advice appreciated. I'm sure it is probably something obvious which I overlooked.

mschenkel
Expert

Re: Tempo matching AIFF drum loops in Auria Pro

Post by mschenkel » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:32 am

In editor screen zoom until you see the handles on the edges of the loop. Once you get a edge moving, reach the other edge and you'll be stretching your loop.

pegleg85
Expert

Post by pegleg85 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:41 pm

mschenkel wrote:In editor screen zoom until you see the handles on the edges of the loop. Once you get a edge moving, reach the other edge and you'll be stretching your loop.
THANKS! That works
Last edited by pegleg85 on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pegleg85
Expert

Post by pegleg85 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:42 pm

mschenkel wrote:In editor screen zoom until you see the handles on the edges of the loop. Once you get a edge moving, reach the other edge and you'll be stretching your loop.
Ah wait, I got it to work. THANKS!!!

pegleg85
Expert

Post by pegleg85 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:44 pm

pegleg85 wrote:
Ah wait, I got it to work. THANKS!!!
Wow, that feature works REALLY WELL!

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:37 pm

If you're importing AIFFs from Auria's "import file" option, there's an option on the bottom of the import window that says "Automatic Time Stretch". Make sure this is enabled and each loop you import will be automatically stretched to the BPM of the song.

mschenkel
Expert

Post by mschenkel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:01 pm

supanorton wrote:If you're importing AIFFs from Auria's "import file" option, there's an option on the bottom of the import window that says "Automatic Time Stretch". Make sure this is enabled and each loop you import will be automatically stretched to the BPM of the song.
I will recommend the automatic stretch just for loops already trimmed to perfection since Auria has some limits with its zoom abilities. Stretching and trimming and stretching back would make everything a tiny bit harder.
There is also the chance to use transient or warp markers. I just messed around a couple of minutes and made a little mess and Auria told me no-no, and stopped singing for me.