How to record midi without recording audio tracks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sELF
Expert

How to record midi without recording audio tracks

Post by sELF » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Finally beginning to explore Auria Pro. Late to the party! One confusion that my internet searching has failed to clear up: When recording my Prophet 08 via my Roland Duo EX, and also using Samplr, into AudioBus, and then via two channels into Auria Pro: I'm able to select/enable the midi channel and record the data. But the (Prophet) audio input and Samplr audio input, being enabled for monitoring purposes, are also recorded. Leaving me with lots of audio files to delete. When, at this stage in my project, I'm only wishing to record my midi track. How can I monitor but not record the audio tracks? And end up with my recorded Prophet 08 midi track...

One other issue which was sent via a bug report, is that any disconnection to, or restarting of, my Duo EX interface would crash Auria(?) But most annoying was that on restarting Auria, it would add new audio tracks to the project. Leaving the previous ones not functioning anymore. Causing me to reload the project. But then in turn having to restart AudioBus and all the apps into Auria, to return to a working project setup. Obviously I must try to retain interface connection with Auria. But having to restart every app and the project seemed more time consuming than I'd hoped for.

As ever thanks to Rim for his tireless work!

mschenkel
Expert

Re: How to record midi without recording audio tracks

Post by mschenkel » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:32 am

A good workaround to get monitor-only tracks is to route all your inputs through audiobus as...well...you know...inputs. Then load Auria in the output slot and go to Auria settings>general>AudioBus monitoring ON. At this point you should be monitoring your direct audiobus output despite having armed tracks. Arm record your midi track and record.

sELF
Expert

Re: How to record midi without recording audio tracks

Post by sELF » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:35 am

Great. I'd forgotten to do that. Cheers.