Is anyone using an Apogee Duet with Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Strizbiz
Expert

Is anyone using an Apogee Duet with Auria?

Post by Strizbiz » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Im wondering who else is using an Apogee Duet( the Mac, and IOS version ) with Auria Pro, I bought one about a month ago to use with my Mac and Ipad, but they decided not to include the cable to use it with an Ipad, I tried using it with the usb cable and a camera connection kit but its saying the Ipad doesnt have enough power, though the Duet has its own power, Im going to order the cable ( for another $30, apparently I dont have a choice ) but Itd be nice if I could just use it with a CKK. I just dont get why they would sell the Duet IOS version and not include cables to use it with an IOS device, lol.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Phil999
Expert

Re: Is anyone using an Apogee Duet with Auria?

Post by Phil999 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:29 pm

that's a bit strange. But this $30 cable will make things easier because you can keep the iPad charged while working with the interface.

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:44 pm

I am not sure where you got it from. But when I got mine it came with the lightning cable. It is possible some places could have the first build models still (they came with the 30 pin before the lightning cable came about). The cable is worth it as it charges the device as well.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:40 pm

Xo4sho wrote:I am not sure where you got it from. But when I got mine it came with the lightning cable. It is possible some places could have the first build models still (they came with the 30 pin before the lightning cable came about). The cable is worth it as it charges the device as well.
I got it from Guitar Center online, I just assumed it included the cable since it was advertized as Duet for Ipad, Iphone & Mac, right now Im using the Duet with Logic Pro X on my MBP, I havent bought the cable because my Ipad has the 30 pin connection and I figure I may as well upgrade to at least an Ipad Air 1 or 2 first, plus I have an Apogee Jam 96k and Apogee Mic 96k and they both have the cables to use them with the Ipad.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:33 pm

I would call them if i was you. It should of came with one or the other. This makes me think it may be good to have some kind of a buy/trade/sell thread amongst the auria community but i dont know what would governed that.

Added: I went to the website and it does state cables are sold seperately. I dont know why they are doing that now (they as in apogee). The cables came with mine 2 years ago.

MigZ

Post by MigZ » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:03 am

I also just bought a Duet. I bought the lightning cable separately from moogaudio.com (Canada). They had 30 pins as well but if you're in the states you probably don't want to pay international shipping. I haven't been able to get mine to work properly with iOS 9.2. Good luck with yours. Hope it works out.
-Miguel

ppaul
Expert

Post by ppaul » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:37 pm

My IOS Duet came with all 3 cables, it's been working fine

Struggle

Post by Struggle » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:26 pm

I had to buy the lightning cable separately as well, but has worked great for recording since day 1. Only problem I have is trying to get my Cirklon sequencer to sync with Auria via the USB port on the Duet. Pretty much given up on that.

Dwayne
Expert

Post by Dwayne » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:06 pm

Mine included lightning cable. It said on the box that it was in the box. I still actually have the box and I'd never noticed until I had another look but they have placed a sticker over the old technical details to update with new details. Check your box and hit up your retailer if you didn't get a lightning cable.