Purchased plugins missing

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trentsongs
Expert

Purchased plugins missing

Post by Trentsongs » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:55 pm

I've been using the current AppStore version of Auria Pro with no problems. Tonight I created a new project and noticed my purchased plugins, including Overloud an several Fabfilter and PSP items, are all missing. In one track from an older project I can see Overloud greyed-out. I also have Classic Auria installed. At first the plugins were missing there too, but reappeared immediately when I used the "restore purchases" button. This isn't working for me in Auria Pro; I get the message that the restore is complete but the plugins are still missing.

I do not have the beta installed. I've tried closing all apps and restarting my iPad Air 2.

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Purchased plugins missing

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:59 am

If you had regular Auria, then bought and installed Auria Pro, instead of doing the in app purchase, you need to follow this process. Go into settings in Auria Pro. There is a button on the right to transfer in app purchase from Auria to Auria Pro. Apple does not allow in app purchases to be transferred from one app to another automatically, Rim coded a transfer process that other apps have used in the past that Apple has allowed. So you need to do this to get in app purchases that you picked up in Auria to be available in Auria Pro.

Trentsongs
Expert

Post by Trentsongs » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Thanks, that worked. I just don't understand what caused the plugins to disappear from AP?

So, does this mean I'll always need both version of Auria installed?

Trentsongs
Expert

Post by Trentsongs » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Unfortunately, not solved. Within projects I've been working on for weeks now, purchased plugins may appear on some tracks but not all tracks. These are all audio tracks, some virgin without any recorded audio. I've tried several different projects with the same results, even after doing the import from Auria multiple times.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:10 pm

This convoluted process is unfortunately what we're stuck with, as Apple considers each app to be completely separate, and in-app purchases made in one app are different than in-app purchases made in another app, as far as Apple is concerned. That's why I added my own transfer function, so that in-app purchases can be transferred between the two apps.

As far as your projects, it's possible that those plugins disappeared when you tried opening the projects before you transferred the plugin purchases. Auria *should* leave the plugins alone if it thinks you haven't purchased them yet, but it's possible it removed them instead when you opened the project earlier. If you try adding the plugins again to those projects, do they add successfully now?

Rim

Trentsongs
Expert

Post by Trentsongs » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:47 pm

I didn't see this problem until today, when I opened a 96k project I created yesterday in a attempt to overcome issues with my Apogee One. I saw where Apogee thinks using the One with Auria in a 96k project will prevent static and pops that are occurring with our iOS DAWs running at 44k. That didn't work.

This plugin issue started after I created the 96k project and even affected older 44k projects as mentioned above. Now that I've deleted the 96k project and created a new 44k project all plugins are present. May just be coincidence but I thought I'd report it here.

I'm still welcome to suggestions for fixing or replacing my Apogee One. :?

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:10 am

the plugin things is a little messy if youre transferring from the first version to pro, I didnt know after the last ipdate we'd have to transfer them again, after i did it the first time I deleted the original version because I didnt think I'd need it, now I have to reinstall the old version and tranfer them all again, so I'm guessing every time theres an update we have to have the old version installed to transfer purchases again? To be honest Im probably going to take a break from Auria for a while until I get an Ipad pro, with 128 gigs, I have too many other apps I refuse to delete to make room and not that much space left.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:39 am

@Strizbiz : Normally, you shouldn't need to re-transfer purchases after updating Auria. Your plugins, etc., should all be untouched. But my experience is that you need to have several gigs of free disk space, prior to updating, in order to avoid issues. That may be the problem in your case. Out of interest, how much free space do you have?

Trentsongs
Expert

Post by Trentsongs » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:46 am

Washboy wrote:@Strizbiz : Normally, you shouldn't need to re-transfer purchases after updating Auria. Your plugins, etc., should all be untouched. But my experience is that you need to have several gigs of free disk space, prior to updating, in order to avoid issues. That may be the problem in your case. Out of interest, how much free space do you have?
6gb of 64gb. I have the iOS 9.3 beta installed with no other issues.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:59 am

I can't remember where I read it but someone reported that 'transferred' IAPs may be lost when updating AuriaPro following an iOS update.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:16 pm

Washboy wrote:@Strizbiz : Normally, you shouldn't need to re-transfer purchases after updating Auria. Your plugins, etc., should all be untouched. But my experience is that you need to have several gigs of free disk space, prior to updating, in order to avoid issues. That may be the problem in your case. Out of interest, how much free space do you have?
I didnt update Auria via IAP to unlock the pro features in Auria ( which was like $39.00 ) I just outright bought Auria Pro, and when you go that route if you bought plugins in the regular Auria and dont want to buy them twice you have to transfer your purchases, but to do that you need to have both Auria and Auria Pro installed. I did that and deleted the regular Auria, and when the latest Auria Pro update dropped I updated to it, buy all my IAP plugins were gone, so now I have to reinstall the regular Auria, restore purchases, then transfer them again. In hindsight buying the pro version outright wasnt the best move, it cost me an extra $10.00 , extra drama with the IAP I bought in the regular version, and the people who updated and didnt buy it outright got a link to get some free samples or loops. At this point Auria isnt my main DAW though, I mainly use Logic Pro X and my MacBook Pro.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac