Snapshots and saving...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mesniu
Expert

Snapshots and saving...

Post by mesniu » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:30 pm

Did a GREAT session with my band the other night - 12 audio tracks in. Been breaking out each track into individual snapshots. If I save a snapshot as its own project, all the tracks from the session are imported to the new project, not just the ones focused on in the snapshot - I get that. My question is this: once the snapshot is saved as its own project, can I use the "clean up project" function in the settings to remove the other tracks? It won't affect the original session or its files, will it?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Snapshots and saving...

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:11 am

I'm not sure I follow - creating a snapshot doesn't create a new project, it just creates a snapshot. What do you mean when you say that you save a snapshot as its own project?

In general, when you use the cleanup function, Auria will delete any audio that's no longer used in the project. However, you need to be careful because there might be a WAV file in the project which is no longer being used, but it might still be used in one of the snapshots. So cleanup will delete that WAV file, and if you try to load a snapshot which used that file, it will be gone.

Earlier versions of Auria checked every snapshot to make sure the WAV file wasn't being used before it delete it, but this resulted in cleanup never really deleting anything, since Auria creates automatic snapshots, so there's almost a guarantee that every WAV file is used in some snapshot.

Hope that helps.

Rim