Copying midi track

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Skippy567
Expert

Copying midi track

Post by Skippy567 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:34 pm

I have a bass part on a midi track I would like to copy and move to another new midi track. I don't want to bounce the track in place to audio. Of course it's sandwiched between to audio tracks. I'm using 15 tracks currently. When I copy it, it copies of course but won't let me hold and drag it to track 16. Is there a way to copy from one track to another separated like this, and more importantly is there a way to open a new track, say 8 when I am already using 15 so that what is currently at 8,9,10 ect., just moves down to new positions?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Copying midi track

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:12 pm

There's definitely a way to do this, but Auria will only allow you to move MIDI regions to another MIDI track. So if you tap and hold, then drag it down, you need to keep dragging until you get to a MIDI track (audio tracks can only hold audio, so it won't let you move it to an audio track). The editor also automatically "snaps" to the original position, so as long as you don't move your finger more than 50 pixels (which is quite a bit) while you're dragging it up or down, it will maintain the exact horizontal (sample) position when you let go onto the new track.

Rim