I can't make "Midi Learn" work in Fabfilter apps

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Reid

I can't make "Midi Learn" work in Fabfilter apps

Post by Reid » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:08 am

I have used two controllers: an old Korg NanoKontrol and a Alesis V49. Both of these work immediately on all my other apps when I use Midi Learn. When I select Midi Learn on a Fabfilter app, the knob is highlighted, but when I turn a knob on my device nothing happens.

Any advice for me? I've adjusted the MIDI settings in Auria and the Fabfilter plugins every way I can think of.

Thanks.

mschenkel
Expert

Re: I can't make "Midi Learn" work in Fabfilter apps

Post by mschenkel » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:32 am

:?
Just tried with fabfilter one controlled by Sidecar ITB and everything was just fine with no settings to touch at all.
Can you please explain a bit more in the detail how you are set up? How the controllers are communicating with the pad, the setup in the midi fx window, is the track armed for record, on what device and OS you are, which plugins are using.

Reid

Post by Reid » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:52 am

Sorry, I wrote a response to this, but it never went up for some reason.

The plug-ins I was having problems with were Pro-C 2 and Pro-Q 2, but I checked Timeless, Saturn, and Volcano—and they have the same problem.

But MIDI Learn works fine with Fabfilter One and Twin 2! With both controllers! ?????

As for everything else:

If I am in the Menu/Settings/MIDI page and I plug one of my controllers in, Auria immediately recognizes them by name and lights up “Receive Notes.” There is no problem with Auria receiving note information from my V49. But no info from the knobs. So I tried “Receive Remote” and “Receive MMC” I also experimented with combinations of Mackie MCU and Mackie HUI.

The controllers are communicating through an Apple camera connector. I have an iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.1 23

The track is armed for record. When I click “MIDI Learn” in the apps then “Enable MIDI” is checked.

Thanks for your help with this. It’s so weird that it works on the instruments but not on the effects.

mschenkel
Expert

Post by mschenkel » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:40 pm

You owe me 30 bucks :mrgreen: or microwarmer will do just fine :twisted:
You gotta set the track output to the effect. That's why instruments work and effect don't.
Actually this a less then ideal workaround since it means you will need separate midi tracks to control each effect in the chain.
Attachments
image.jpeg

Reid

Post by Reid » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:45 am

Thanks Matt. This works.

Actually I just need a single MIDI controller track. I just need to select a track/effect from the drop down menu every time I want to use a control surface for running an effect.

I didn't realize that answering questions in the forum required payment in Auria plugins! :D I still want that de-esser. I'm going to have to come up with some good answers to other people's problems.

Anyway, thanks again.

mschenkel
Expert

Post by mschenkel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Reid wrote:Thanks Matt. This works.

Actually I just need a single MIDI controller track. I just need to select a track/effect from the drop down menu every time I want to use a control surface for running an effect.

I didn't realize that answering questions in the forum required payment in Auria plugins! :D I still want that de-esser. I'm going to have to come up with some good answers to other people's problems.

Anyway, thanks again.
I had to buy pro q to test. And actually answering questions doesn't require any payment. Receiving those answers sometime:D
(Just joking btw)

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:58 am

that method did not work for me

krzycrs
Expert

Post by krzycrs » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:33 am

AuriaStudios wrote:that method did not work for me
If you take a midi track and arm it, you can midi-learn a fabfilter plugin by selecting it in the output port section (plug-ins) when you put the plugin as insert on another audio track. This way you can make an effect bus.

Greetings

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:03 pm

krzycrs wrote:
AuriaStudios wrote:that method did not work for me
If you take a midi track and arm it, you can midi-learn a fabfilter plugin by selecting it in the output port section (plug-ins) when you put the plugin as insert on another audio track. This way you can make an effect bus.

Greetings
I tried with the Berhinger Motor 61 didnt want to work. Midi learned with everything else on the ipad. Ill try with the Akai MPK249 in a sec thanks fellas