Import from garageband

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

charlie49
Expert

Import from garageband

Post by charlie49 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:03 am

I used to be able to use GarageBand to record a few tracks then import each track into Auria for further processing but that seems to not work now. Is it Auria or the newly updated GarageBand that is responsible. The GarageBand thing seems to work as it appears in aurias import section but won't actually load into the track?

JointSmith
Expert

Re: Import from garageband

Post by JointSmith » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Look into the root folder of Auria with import samples and you'll see them :-)

charlie49
Expert

Post by charlie49 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:59 am

Yes you are right it is in the import folder and it does let you preview it but it does not transfer into the track view or at least it does as an empty track, so my original question still remains. Thank you for your reply anyway

charlie49
Expert

Post by charlie49 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:46 am

Ok I stumbled onto the answer, need to highlight the track by selecting it and surrounding with blue square at oh start of track, then it will load content. Sure I never did this before but no matter, thanks for your time

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:26 am

On 'Menu -> File Import', when you select the file you wish to import, there's a little drop-down selector (on the right half of the selected item) that allows you to select the number of the track you want to import the file to - or "+" if you want to create a new track in the process. In addition, at the bottom of the Import screen, you can choose whether to import to the 'Start of Song' or 'Current Timeline Position' (and more). Pretty flexible and it's been that way for as long as I can remember :wink:

Skippy567
Expert

Post by Skippy567 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:22 pm

Somehow I got this to work on accident but I can't seem to do it again. I have an 8 measure guitar part in garageband I want to put into an auria. Every time I go to send the song from GarageBand to either auria or Dropbox it just says uploading and that goes on forever. It doesn't ever finish. Or. Does it take 20 minutes??? What do I need to do to make this work?