Can you point me in the right direction M-Audio Oxygen midi

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

83SanDimas

Can you point me in the right direction M-Audio Oxygen midi

Post by 83SanDimas » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:40 pm

I am editing my question as their are no responses. I bought an M-Audio Oxygen 49 and want to know what kind of interoperability I can get with Auria. Not quite sure what midi mapping is or if it applies... I assumed I could use the sliders etc on the keyboard to control in some way Auria?

My older post...........

Just got this M-Audio Oxyden 49 midi keyboard controller. I am connecting it to Auria thru a Iconnectivity Audio 4 +, and it does work, that is to say the keys do create sound on an armed track. From what I read M-Audio has a DirectLink function that connects to DAWs and allows you to control faders etc.

http://www.m-audio.com/kb/article/1688

Is this possible with Auria? It's not listed and I am unsure M-Audio supports iOS. If not can I somehow manually map the controls? I am a midi novice so If the answer is no I will decide if I am keeping this keyboard. Right now all the knobs and buttons appear to do nothing. Just the keys, pads and pitch and vibrato wheels do anything.
Last edited by 83SanDimas on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

83SanDimas

Re: Can you point me in the right direction M-Audio midi

Post by 83SanDimas » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:02 pm

I am connecting thru an Iconnectivity audio 4+

Gary
Expert

Re: Can you point me in the right direction M-Audio Oxygen m

Post by Gary » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:11 pm

I think the setup for controlling Auria via control surfaces or keyboards is quite simple, see page 166 in the 'Auria Manual'.
Setting up your M-audio board is another story since it probably wont have any pre-configured templates for Auria. I know using a M-audio Axiom keyboard setup for controlling faders/knobs/transports and the like is a multi-step process.