Thanks for the update, but......

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrdizzyfingers
Expert

Thanks for the update, but......

Post by mrdizzyfingers » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:15 pm

Just messed around with Auria Pro for a little bit after updating to Version 2.03. I'm still having issues with EXS patches playing in Lyra. I loaded EXS patches from Logic. Some play glitchy, some don't play at all. The Muted Bass patch loads but crashes the app every time you play it. And that's whether it's played on Lyra's keyboard or from a MIDI controller. Some of the patches play with no problem at all. i have enough patches that play with no problem but I'm particularly frustrated that an amazingly authentic sounding Rhodes patch plays so horribly. The notes play very sporadically. I literally played one note repeatedly for about 45 seconds and it only triggered 3 or 4 times. Don't know what to do.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Thanks for the update, but......

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:32 pm

I wasn't aware of any problems with loading EXS files in Lyra, so I didn't fix anything in 2.03 related to that. If you have any EXS instruments that won't play in Lyra, but play fine in Logic's EXS24, please send them to me! If I can get it to happen here, there's a good chance I can fix the underlying cause. In my experience though, many samples won't even play in Logic, so might not be a Lyra problem. So please make sure they work in Logic before sending them to me.

Thanks,
Rim

mrdizzyfingers
Expert

Post by mrdizzyfingers » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Almost all of the patches except the Rhodes patch are Logic patches. I literally copied them from the Aplication Support folder on my Mac. Where do I send the files?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:51 pm

Please send them to my dropbox: rim@drumagog.com

All the Logic samples I have here work in Lyra. Are you sure you have both the EXS files and the corresponding samples folders together in the same Lyra folder?

Rim

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:46 am

Rim, do you still want to see logic EXS24 files that aren't working improperly in Lyra? I purchased Mainstage earlier in the week and have spent the last couple days exporting files using both the EXS24 editor and AutoSampler (for converting Alchemy patches).

Though I'm a sampler novice, with tips I've picked up here and on the Audiobus forum, things have gone pretty well: I'd estimate about a 75% success rate so far in Lyra. A few patches have blocks of keys that don't respond to input, while a couple actually crash Lyra/Auria every time after playing a few notes. Should I upload an example of each to rim@drumagog.com?

Thanks again for adding this functionality. It's really cool to be able to add some lush Alchemy pads to the mix with practically no CPU hit! I think I'll put together a quick how-to video on exporting the files and getting them into Auria for others like me who, up to this point, have been generally clueless about these new-fangled sampler things. :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:59 am

Yes, please send any samples that don't work to rim@drumagog.com. Especially anything that makes Lyra crash!

Thanks,
Rim