Midi "region join" Bug

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dancore
Expert

Midi "region join" Bug

Post by Dancore » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi Rim,

I've been working on a drum part for a song in Auria 2.02 (now 2.03) and after creating small regions for each phrase and copying and pasting them to form the structure of the complete song, I've tried to join some of these smaller regions together to form regions for each song section (verse, chorus etc).

When I select two or more midi regions and select 'join' in the icon bar, the regions do join together, and the total region length is correct, but with some of the joins, some midi data is lost in the process, so the part is shortened and ends before it should, leaving a space at the end of the region. Others work fine.

I haven't managed to work out exactly what midi notes are lost in the process, or what has caused the issue, but it certainly isn't working as it should.

Separately to this, could I request that when two regions overlap, only the overlapping section changes colour? This will make it clear which parts are overlapping, rather than just which region is overlapping.

Many thanks for your continued excellent work on Auria.

Dan

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Midi "region join" Bug

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:05 pm

Thanks, I'm aware of the join issue. It's on my list to fix in a future update. Hopefully I can fit it into 2.04 or 2.05.

Rim

Dancore
Expert

Re: Midi "region join" Bug

Post by Dancore » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Thanks Rim :D