A “freeze” action occupied seemingly extraordinary big space

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MicciHay
Expert

A “freeze” action occupied seemingly extraordinary big space

Post by MicciHay » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:18 am

After I record an audio track, I added effects. Since it seemed to give the CPU too much burden, I froze the track.

Then, the CPU meter became significantly lower. However, the “SPACE” meter became much higher. It seems to me it is extraordinary (formerly 8% or so, now 85%). On the other hand, “DISK” meter is 0 %, which is aslo very strange.

Although I un-froze the track after that, the “SPACE” meter remained same.

And, after those, notice of “A crash orrued the last time Auria ran” came to appear always when I start Auria Pro.

<Questions>
1. In order to regain the space occupancy, is it the only way to delete the project?
2. If what I mentioned was not normal, how can I restore the Auria Pro as a normal state.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: A “freeze” action occupied seemingly extraordinary big s

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:52 am

Freezing tracks does use extra space, and the amount used depends on the length of the song. For a 5 minute song, freezing a track typically uses less than 100MB. There's an easy way to clean your project of extra unused audio by pressing the "clean project" button in the settings page.

Rim

MicciHay
Expert

Post by MicciHay » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:38 am

Dear Rim,

Thank you very much for your response.
Still three issues remain.

First my song is just 3 minutes 40 seconds. Audio tracks are only two, only one of which is covered with effects. It seems to me occupying so much amount seems to be too much (again, 85% of the “SPACE,” although my iPad Air 2 is 128 G version). Why did Auria Pro occupy so much? It cannot be 100 MB or so.

Second, I still did not understand how to clean the project of extra unused audio by pressing the "clean project" button in the settings page. I opened “settings” from “Menu,” but I could not find "clean project" choice on it. Would you describe the way exactly more? (This is what I REALLY want to know!!)

Third, it is very hard for me to understand that the “SPACE” meter indicates 85 % but that “Disk” meter is 0 %. What is the difference between “SPACE” and “”Disk”? (This is just for my reference.)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:32 am

Space measures the amount of space remaining on your iPad (as a percentage). Disk measures the performance of the disk. In other words, just like the CPU meter, but for the disk system. Normally this is zero, unless you are playing back s project with lots of edits or fades.

Auria uses about 3GB of space on your iPad once it is installed.

The cleanup button is in the settings page on the right side of the general screen. Make sure you have the latest Auria version (2.02), as that button was only added recently.

Rim