Crackle and pops when recording IAA

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rgrgeo

Crackle and pops when recording IAA

Post by rgrgeo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:13 pm

Hello,
I have attempted using IAA in Auria Pro to record a drum track from the Brazilian DM app. I am using a new project with just two tracks, attempting to record IAA on first track. During recording the sound is perfect, however, on playback there are consistent crackles and pops throughout the recorded track. Is there some way to prevent the crackles and pops when recording IAA? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Using iPad Pro, IOS 9.2

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Crackle and pops when recording IAA

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:46 am

Do you have a USB audio device connected? iOS 9.2 causes clicks when using external devices. Also, try rebooting the iPad.

Rim

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:54 am

Rgrgeo, just tried on my iPad pro, no recording issues at all. I had to turn the output from BDM down by half though.

spincaster22

Post by spincaster22 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:23 pm

Most likely its clipping due to too high of incoming signal, so try turning volume down in sending App.

I don't understand why the App -> AudioBus -> Auria or App (IPP) -> Auria connections causes so much gain to be inserted into signal chain.

It could perhaps be a 24bit -> 16bit issue, but I do often have to turn way down the sending Apps audio to get usable signal into Auria.

rgrgeo

Post by rgrgeo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:01 pm

That's better. Turning down the output from BDM did the trick. Thanks for the input, helps a lot.