v2.03 Submitted to Apple

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Washboy
Expert
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:55 am
Location: London, UK

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by Washboy » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:38 am

acaonweb wrote:when Auria will support Apple pencil, ipad Pro will be mine :)
What is it about Auria that you think requires special support for Pencil? :?

Lee B
Expert
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:33 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by Lee B » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:42 am

Just updated what I thought was Auria Pro 2.03 from the AppStore. Now I realise that it was the standard Auria upgrade :roll: even though it's not installed on my iPad.

Be careful out there.

Radside
Expert
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by Radside » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:02 pm

The Auria Pro v2.03 update is available...I'm downloading it as I type this post.

Lee B
Expert
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:33 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by Lee B » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:12 pm

Lee B wrote:Just updated what I thought was Auria Pro 2.03 from the AppStore. Now I realise that it was the standard Auria upgrade :roll: even though it's not installed on my iPad.

Be careful out there.
O.k. After restoring purchases it does indeed show as 2.03. So off to play I go :)

Yahyahyah
Expert
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:45 am

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by Yahyahyah » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:17 pm

Sweet holy chocolate fudge spread - downloading now :D

MusicInclusive
Expert
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by MusicInclusive » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Description says iPap Pro Rim... Might want to change that.

stromberg-carlson
Expert
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:56 pm

What about the pencil?

Post by stromberg-carlson » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:36 pm

I've been using Auria with the apple pencil for months now. What do you specifically need it to do?

acaonweb wrote:when Auria will support Apple pencil, ipad Pro will be mine :)

Hansson
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:17 am

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by Hansson » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:01 pm

Strange, i upgraded and used Auria for like one hour, then put the iPad away and now it says installing and it has started to download the upgrade again.. Strange,

Rim I don't know what you did, but from the hour I used the new version I have to say, smplayer is working ! ;) I don't know what you changed, but I can add it, send midi to it, stop the track switch app pick another preset, and play again without smplayer loosing connection / crashing , awesomeness ;) can't bounce in place but that's not a biggie.

Now we just need the midi keyboard or what you might call it so we can play other apps from within Auria, maybe a chord pad and then we're done ;) hehe

:D :D :D

Mythmongrel
Expert
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:26 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by Mythmongrel » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:43 pm

This update is a thing of beauty on my iPad Pro. I'm so stoked as I'm mostly mixing now, I love seeing the inserts in mix view. Extremely ingenious and very helpful. Thanks as always Rim for your brilliant work!

User avatar
Igneousflame
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:30 am
Contact:

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by Igneousflame » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:12 am

For me, this is a significant improvement to the piano roll, it seems much more use-able and responsive now and the velocity draw function is a very cool addition.

acaonweb
Expert
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:22 am

Re: What about the pencil?

Post by acaonweb » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 am

stromberg-carlson wrote:I've been using Auria with the apple pencil for months now. What do you specifically need it to do?

acaonweb wrote:when Auria will support Apple pencil, ipad Pro will be mine :)
Really works? Great!!!
iPad Air 1 iOS 10.1 WiFi+3G 128 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com
https://itunes.apple.com/it/album/nottu ... d976220261

dj8
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by dj8 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:58 am

Please, please, please... (oh, I told myself I wouldn’t beg in this post....) Definitely need the midi keyboard-- onscreen-- as mentioned below, chord pad would be great too.

Please tell us that this is coming in the next update? I am ready to move all writing into Auria, but need to be able to use the onscreen keyboard a good portion of the time, ala Cubasis, BeatMaker2 style. And, please fix so we don’t have to solo part to record midi and audio at the same time. I think, Rim, you posted that this will be fixed with inserts?

To make sure I’m clear re: this request: an onscreen universal touchscreen keyboard that can have it’s virtual midi routed to all 3rd party apps and use IAA or AudioBus to simultaneously record both the midi input and the sound back from the 3rd party app into Auria, without having to solo the track.

After this, I will be happily hidden away writing music with Auria...
Hansson wrote:Strange, i upgraded and used Auria for like one hour, then put the iPad away and now it says installing and it has started to download the upgrade again.. Strange,

Rim I don't know what you did, but from the hour I used the new version I have to say, smplayer is working ! ;) I don't know what you changed, but I can add it, send midi to it, stop the track switch app pick another preset, and play again without smplayer loosing connection / crashing , awesomeness ;) can't bounce in place but that's not a biggie.

Now we just need the midi keyboard or what you might call it so we can play other apps from within Auria, maybe a chord pad and then we're done ;) hehe

:D :D :D

Rim
Site Admin
Posts: 7854
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:08 pm

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:23 am

This is on my list, but it won't make it in for another few update cycles. There are too many critical (crashing) issues that need to be addressed first before I add more features.

Rim

dj8
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by dj8 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:22 pm

Ok, am anxiously awaiting these feature updates... :) Thanks.

JeroenJ
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:07 am

Re: v2.03 Submitted to Apple

Post by JeroenJ » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:40 am

Hi,
I think I read somewhere that an updated manual (for 2.3) would be released but it is not on the website yet as far as I can see.
Is that still the plan?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests