Can't open Fabfilter one or Twin 2

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Can't open Fabfilter one or Twin 2

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:27 am

Sorry to hear about all that - this doesn't sound normal. Perhaps you have a corrupted project. The fact that Auria tried to repair your project tells me something wasn't quite right with it.

If you can find a way to replicate any of these problems on a new project, that would really help.

There are some settings for the metronome in the time settings window (click on the tempo on the top left of the edit screen). Normally, the metronome is only enabled for recording, but you can choose the last option, which will play the metronome during playback and recording. Count-in plays for playback and recording, no matter what the settings are.

As for the transient detection, it's not a perfect science. Have you tried using the other modes in the transient box (Drums, and Other), and played with the sensitivity in each of these modes? In general, Auria needs clearly defined beginnings to hits (like a clean drum hit), with no other instruments playing in the background that could cause the transient algorithm to miss that hit.

Rim

Lewisdfc@gmail.com

Post by Lewisdfc@gmail.com » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:57 am

Hi Rim, regarding metronome I will try that and let you know if I still have issues. My transient track was a bass drum with no other drums or instruments (1 beat per bar). I played about with the sensitivity a lot, maybe I didn't change mode to other. I will try on another project. However Do you have any suggestions for making my manual time warp changes permanent. You can see what I tried in last post.

As for replicating the problems in a Different project, I spent 4 hours in a different project and most of the issues didn't continue. Not getting all the error messages so far. Am working differently though, less editing and processes, no loops, mostly just mixing. Also not getting the what did you do before auria crashed messages which have been popping up for over a month now every time I open auria or unlock screen- all projects. Some new issues now however. Opened it and CPU was at 45. Strange as only 6 tracks and few effects. After reopening auria the CPU was down to 20 which seems right. Gone back to the session 6 hours later. CPU up at 60 now from around 25 when I left it. CPU is staying high after closing and reopening.
Just switch ipad off and on. CPU went up to 84! After closing and reopening it's back at 60 . So after freezing 5 of my 6 stereo tracks (remaining one without any editing or fx) CPU is showing 53. Been like this for 3 days now. Just checked another session over 3 times the size which is at 40 CPU.

Unfortunately horrible pink noise sound STILL happens occasionally. I'm now nervous to turn my headphones up loud enough. It's as unpleasant as stage monitor feedback. After happening one time, I reopened auria and cautiously pressed play this time I heard with what sounded like hugely distorted digital feedback like sound with a delay. Never heard a sound like this before and I know what internal digital feedback sounds like. This happened again after reopening. After not touching auria for a few day out of frustration, it now seems to be working. Haven't spent much time on it however.

I just noticed there is a new update. This update is not available for me due to what I mentioned in last post about app store. In my settings it says I am on 2.03 however I never updated auria since we spoke in January. And then you said 2.03 would be out soon. So I'm sceptical if I even have 2.03 now.
Lewis

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:13 pm

I can't imagine what could cause your pink noise issues. If you can get this to happen for me, I'd love to see it! Does it sounds like it could be a particular IAA your'e using, or a plugin?

2.04 fixes quite a few bugs, so I recommend trying to get it updated if possible.

As for CPU usage, which iOS version are you using? Apple fixed a horrible CPU usage bug in 9.3. Also, depending on what IAAs or other apps you have running in the background, this can vary.

Rim

Lewisdfc@gmail.com

Post by Lewisdfc@gmail.com » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:22 am

I will see if I can find any patterns. It seems pretty random so far, no IAAs. I use conv. Rvb and delay. Doesn't sound like they cause it. The time when it was distorted feedback it sounded like the delay was effecting it.

How can I get 2.04 without repaying? And does it sound like I am on 2.03 currently? I don't know how I could unless it did automatically.

I will download 9.3 and see if it helps. Never had the issue before though.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:16 pm

All app updates are free, and Apple provides them for you within the app store. Just go to the app store, find Auria Pro and click on Update. You can also enable automatic updates in your iPad settings, so you never have to worry about updating.

Rim

Lewisdfc@gmail.com

Post by Lewisdfc@gmail.com » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:24 am

I said in a previous message: I just checked out the App Store to check for updates and according to it I have only purchased standard auria. Pro shows £39.99. If there are upgrades for pro maybe I can't get them?

No update is available to me because of this. Apple doesn't think I have pro.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:46 am

Lewisdfc@gmail.com wrote:...I have only purchased standard auria...
...Apple doesn't think I have pro...
Presumably you bought the Pro upgrade IAP from within Auria. So, you should always update your original Auria and, if necessary, 'Restore Purchases' to restore the 'Pro' IAP and any other IAPs you've bought. That's just the way that the Apple AppStore works.

It's worth reading Rim's more detailed explanation in this sticky topic:
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13601
:)

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:40 am

I should add that, except following an iOS update or an iPad restore, it's unlikely that an Auria update will require you to Restore Purchases. The update should leave all your IAPs intact.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:37 pm

Yes, that's right, go to the app store, find Auria (not Auria Pro), and click Update. This will update your updated Auria Pro copy.

When I release updates for Auria, I always release updates to all versions (Auria, Auria Pro and Auria LE).

Rim

Lewisdfc@gmail.com

Post by Lewisdfc@gmail.com » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:29 am

Thanks for advice and for the link, it makes sense now!

I am now on 9.3.1 and 2.4. Unfortunately I still have the strangely high CPU. And also auria still crashes if I freeze a read enabled track.