Bounce in place produces no visible wave form

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Johow
Expert

Bounce in place produces no visible wave form

Post by Johow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:36 pm

A simple midi file created in Auria using Lyra/EDrums. When I bounce in place, I get no visible waveform but I can play and hear the track. I can undo and then see the midi notes. My procedure is to view using the edit screen, select the track by clicking the track info box on the left, then from the process menu, select "bounce track in place". I get the inprocess box, the the track extends itself a bit but no waveform. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Bounce in place produces no visible wave form

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:54 pm

I just tried this here, and had no issues getting a waveform. Does this only happen with that particular project? If so, would you mind sending it to me? If I can duplicate this here, I should be able to fix it pretty easily.

Thanks,
Rim

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:59 pm

I'll try creating a new project...
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Thanks. If you can get a project to do this consistently, it would really help me fix this.

Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:16 pm

Also, have you played with amplitude slider, and tried maxing it out? It just might be a very compact wave form

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:36 pm

What is the preferred method of sharing a project with you, Rim?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Dropbox to rim@drumagog.com is best.

Thanks,
Rim

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:57 pm

Ok, I think I did......

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Thanks for the project, I appreciate it. As @rickwaugh suggested, the reason you're not seeing any waveforms is because you have waveforms disabled in the view. There's a slider at the top right with a picture of a waveform under it. This is the waveform gain slider. It adjusts the visual gain of the waveform. If this is set to the "OFF" position, there will be no waveform displayed at all.

Rim

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Well live and learn, thank a bunch Rim....