iFunbox stopped working

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

indratgj
Expert

iFunbox stopped working

Post by indratgj » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:12 pm

I recently installed Windows 10. May not have been its fault, but as usual, important stuff stopped working after the install.

Most important, iFunbox. Now when I click on Open Sandbox for Auria, both the left and right Windows display temporarily, then the right window goes blank, and I get the message: "iFunbox - All My Apps (Not Responding)". The clocking symbol displays.

This is a big deal because I use iFunbox for all backups and file manipulation. (I wish there was a more stable way, Lord I do!!!)

Anyway, has anyone else encountered this problem with Windows; and do you have a solution. Thanks!

Travis
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

peteT
Expert

Re: iFunbox stopped working

Post by peteT » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:32 pm

Hi Trevor,
I was having trouble on Windows 7 accessing sandbox for Auria and Auria Pro. I then downloaded the latest build of iFunBox and all now works fine. The version I am using is: Version 3.0 Build.1352 (x86).

Hope this helps,

Pete

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:39 am

Same here, I downloaded latest iFunBox build and it all seems to work again.

Trevor

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:10 pm

I too downloaded the latest iFunbox build, a few times. Each time the result was the same. When I selected "Open Sandbox" and clicked enter, the leftmost pane (the one that lists the high-level Auria folders) appears. But if I click on any of the + signs to reveal the files contained in that folder, it starts clocking and never returns the file list in the right pane.

Are the folks for whom it is working using Windows 10? I wonder if this is part of the problem?

I have since experimented with iTunes File Sharing, which I assume a lot of other folks use. It seems to work fine. I'm happy to just use it, if it is as reliable as iFunbox (and given my experience with iFunbox, it probably is).

However, if anyone else has any thoughts on the most reliable back-up method to use for Auria projects, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Travis
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

stromberg-carlson
Expert

Post by stromberg-carlson » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:55 pm

No such thing as a "most reliable backup ". Redundancy redundancy redundancy is the name of the game for anything important.

Offload to sd card, use iTunes, use fun box. I'm on win10 and although I don't use fun box I have it installed. It seems to work for me in terms of seeing folders and such on the iPad pro.