Effects chain with vocalive app

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

stromberg-carlson
Expert

Re: Effects chain with vocalive app

Post by stromberg-carlson » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:40 am

If addressed to me, yes I read the manual twice and have taken the Lynda course, so I know of it "on paper" but, utilizing it in the most efficient way is something that takes time for me since I use all hardware and actually have a 48 ch mix desk, recording to a D2424LV and mastered to DAT.

Apologies for the topic banter, but we are all learning this as we go, so let's continue to help one another as best we can. I think this Auria app is the best thing for iOS and if I want to give software recording a try, why not start at the best! :P

Skippy567
Expert

Post by Skippy567 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:47 pm

I cannot get this to work. I opened a new 2 track song and recorded a vocal (no music at all) every time I try to vocal live in the effects chain it crashes! One time it managed to not crash and the vocal played panned to the right with no effect. Later it played no sound at all. When I close the program and reopen the file, the vocal is there but no sound?????? I want very badly to be able to record a dry vocal and then Apply vocal live. Help???

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:13 pm

@Skippy567 : What version of Auria are you using, what iOS version and, for completeness, what model iPad?

Omighty

Post by Omighty » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Skippy567 wrote:I cannot get this to work. I opened a new 2 track song and recorded a vocal (no music at all) every time I try to vocal live in the effects chain it crashes! One time it managed to not crash and the vocal played panned to the right with no effect. Later it played no sound at all. When I close the program and reopen the file, the vocal is there but no sound?????? I want very badly to be able to record a dry vocal and then Apply vocal live. Help???
Don't think there's a way as it glitches on ios9 apparently. You can again audiobus VL into Auria or even do that while adding another armed track to have atleast a dry and wet signal to play with.

Skippy567
Expert

Post by Skippy567 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:27 am

I'm using auria pro on an iPad pro. I'm kinda of a newbie could you explain that process to me of using a dry and controlling the effect post record?

Steve Schiavi

Post by Steve Schiavi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:58 pm

stromberg-carlson wrote:Force Close

yes i will not downgrade either!! not an option.

i purchased the app anyway because even on its own it looks to be a solid piece of kit. i have not tested it with auria but i will give it a go. still wrapping my head around auria (im a hardware guy). :oops:
Don't feel like you're the only one. I've been a hardware guy since the 60's. Just recently learning my way around music apps and recording apps. Don't be afraid of asking "stupid" questions; these guys are great, and never make you feel like an idiot.
Being dragged kicking and screaming into making music the 21st century way is scary - but exciting, too!