MIDI issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Skippy567
Expert

Re: MIDI issues

Post by Skippy567 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:49 pm

When I'm in Auria it will not let me get into the file at all. It doesn't prompt me to load snapshot on that file it simply crashes. When I said 10 files what I meant and later figured out was what I was seeing the snapshots of another song that I had loaded because Auria had switched to a different project. I was seeing the 10 snapshots for a different song. Auria will not open the file and crashes immediately. I can't get it to ask me to snapshot the file. When I go to load file its there but crashes is there another to get to the snapshots?

Skippy567
Expert

Post by Skippy567 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:57 pm

When I'm in Auria it will not let me get into the file at all. It doesn't prompt me to load snapshot on that file it simply crashes. When I said 10 files what I meant and later figured out was what I was seeing the snapshots of another song that I had loaded because Auria had switched to a different project. I was seeing the 10 snapshots for a different song. Auria will not open the file and crashes immediately. I can't get it to ask me to snapshot the file. When I go to load file its there but crashes is there another to get to the snapshots?

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:12 pm

Skippy567 wrote:When I'm in Auria it will not let me get into the file at all. It doesn't prompt me to load snapshot on that file it simply crashes. When I said 10 files what I meant and later figured out was what I was seeing the snapshots of another song that I had loaded because Auria had switched to a different project. I was seeing the 10 snapshots for a different song. Auria will not open the file and crashes immediately. I can't get it to ask me to snapshot the file. When I go to load file its there but crashes is there another to get to the snapshots?
You might try going to "import file" in your new project and click on the file folder of the
project that won't open see if your audio files are in there and import them into the new project
Just a stab- I hope you can recover your song :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Yes, what pitzipado mentioned is a good idea. Also, another thing you can do is try to manually copy the snapshots from your corrupted project. To do this, you'll need iFunBox or something similar on you Mac or PC. Here's what you would do:

1. Open iFunBox
2. Go into your project's folder (the corrupted project)
3. Go into the Snapshots folder
4. Copy a snapshot onto your computer
5. Rename the snapshot to your project's name.prj. For example if your project was called song, you would rename your snapshot to song.prj
6. Copy this renamed snapshot back into your project's main folder location
7. Start Auria again

I hope this helps.

Rim

Skippy567
Expert

Post by Skippy567 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Unbelievably I got it back! I did try both suggestions from piztipado and rim and no luck. All that was there were individual tracks. So out of desperation I thought why not use audiobus again, I couldn't get sampletank to go directly through Auria. So I closed everything down and reloaded through Auria using audiobus. When I opened the file it still corrupted but did not crash. It asked to reload a snapshot finally, and there it was. Interestingly, the first file had no sound at all. I was miffed. I reloaded another and it worked but was real glitchy. So before I went any further I erased the tracks I recorded with sampletank and closed it all down. I lost a track but I finally got it back.

P.s. This forum is wonderful. I'm pretty new to this and when I ask questions it's awesome to have so many knowledgeable people to help out. Thanks so much. I love this app and want to become an expert. So much fun.