Auria Pro connections...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mesniu
Expert

Auria Pro connections...

Post by mesniu » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Just upgraded to Auria Pro and am very excited to get into all the new features. I was hoping someone could answer a few midi-connection questions I have. (FYI - using 64GB iPad Air 2)

Is there a new type of connector I should be using? I'm using the CCK to connect my Akai Synthstation25 keyboard, and am told that it needs too much power. Patching it through a powered USB3.0 hub, it tells me the hub needs too much power. I'd also like to use my Novation LaunchControlXL as a control surface if that can be sussed out as well.

If anyone has suggestions, or can link me to threads where these subjects are engaged, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

--M

stromberg-carlson
Expert

Re: Auria Pro connections...

Post by stromberg-carlson » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:21 pm

you need a powered hub (connected to mains) betwixt your external device and the ipad. the ipad you use doesnt take advantage of usb 3 so dont waste resources on that.

connect the ipad LAST in the chain.

so connect your synth to the hub, make sure the hub is already powered, then connect to the camera connection kit THEN CONNECT LAST to the ipad.

mesniu
Expert

Post by mesniu » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:15 pm

Okay, that solved problem number one. I dug out a USB2.0 hub (I guess it was the 3.0 hub that was the problem) and it recognizes the keyboard just fine. Now the CPU usage is jumping back and forth between 35% and 70%. When I arm. The track, It jumps to between 50% and 90%. Is there a setting I need to tweak to level this out?

stromberg-carlson
Expert

Post by stromberg-carlson » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:15 pm

i am new to apple, but may be able to help.

what i read here, you need to make sure all background apps are closed. turn off any radios (cellular, bluetooth (if you dont need it) wifi). Won't hurt to reboot either.

in auria there are latency settings. if you can monitor through your hardware peripheral, increase latency on playback, and lower latency on recording.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:44 pm

There are many issues that can cause problems. Any track that you're not mucking with, freeze it. If you have midi tracks, the buffer setting max is 512. If you have only audio tracks, it can be set up to over 4000. If you freeze the midi tracks, all of them, you can move the buffer bigger.

Some plugins are very CPU intensive. And some of the presets are very CPU intensive. You can experiment a bit.