Effects in the Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MicciHay
Expert

Effects in the Auria

Post by MicciHay » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:29 am

I have some difficulty to understand how to add effects on the recorded sound. It seems to me that I can insert the effect if I choose the effect(s) on “CHANNEL STRIP” in the “FX” section. But what about Send-Return effects? Would you instruct? Or you can show me the pages of the explanation on the manual.

Also, it seems to me the effects on the Auria is limited to a couple of reverbs and delays. Can there be anything else such as chorus, distortion, flanger or some other special effects?

mtingle
Expert

Re: Effects in the Auria

Post by mtingle » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:23 am

use a plugin slot in the channel strip to apply fx to a track either while recording or after during mixing. This has the added advantage that the fx can be changed afterwards if necessary.

You can purchase more fx in the plugin store (bottom of plugin menu).

There is a good variety of professional grade plugins to buy (especially all the fabfilter ones)

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:29 am

To use fx as a send you have to insert them in the fx slot on the master track labeled "Aux Fx" typically you would then set your fx signal all the way to "wet" in the fx app/plugin you are using. Then you can control the amount of each track sent to that particular fx by using the aux 1-6 knob on each indivual channel strip.

MicciHay
Expert

Post by MicciHay » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:30 am

Thank you for your information. But how can I make a track labeled "Aux Fx"?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:11 am

Cpu_red was referring to the button on the master track that's called "AUX FX".

Rim

MicciHay
Expert

Post by MicciHay » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Thank you very much. Now I found the “AUX FX” button in the upper part of Master Channel, which is located the rightest in the Mix Window screen. This must be it.

When I click the button, I found 6 “AUX”s. Also I found “AUX 1” and “AUX 2” knobs on each track in the Mix Window screen.

Does this mean only AUX 1 and AUX 2 can be assigned for specific tracks individually? Does this also mean the AUXs 3 to 6 are effective to the Master Channel? I.e. the effects which are assigned for AUXs 3 to 6 can work only for total tracks, not for a specific single track?

Terribly sorry for repeated rudimentary questions.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:37 am

If you click on aux 3/4 in the master strip, you'll notice that all the aux sends in each channel strip flip to 3/4. Click on 5/6 in the master, all the channel strips flip to 5/6.