Acoustic Drum and Bass Guitar apps?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jz20051

Acoustic Drum and Bass Guitar apps?

Post by jz20051 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Hello Auria community!

I'm fairly new to iOS recording world and recently got an iPad Pro last week. After some research I found that Auria Pro and Bias Pro is the best fit for my needs. However, now I'm searching for a good (acoustic sounding) drum and bass guitar app. I have experience with Drumagog and I downloaded the plugin, but it's only a drum replacer... Do any of you have any recommendations of a good drum and/or bass guitar apps? Again, I'm looking for close to realistic as possible.

Thank you for your help, Merry Christmas to you all! :D

Druid88
Expert

Re: Acoustic Drum and Bass Guitar apps?

Post by Druid88 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:06 am

Drum perfect if you want acoustic drums and make your own patterns. Drum loops HD has a lot of nice content if you want loops. The downloadable content in Auria has a nice selection of loops. For bass I fretless has a nice feel to it but I have only tried the free version. I sometimes use Sessionband apps and export only the bass line but you usually have to play with the imported content to get it to loop nicely.

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:16 am

Drum Perfect and Pattrning my favorite drum app. Auria pro have high quality free drum samples

claudel
Expert

Post by claudel » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:12 am

Bass guitar?

I use Auria + plugins for bassic tone.

I use BiasFX + an app called Fiddlicator for an attempt at faux acoustic bass.

Fiddlicator is an IR loader that works via IAA and plays nicely in the BiasFX chain.

I haven't had great luck finding a really killer URB IR yet ( any hints/URLs, anyone? ), :?:
but I'm getting close with some acoustic guitar ones I scrounged.

I'm getting better regular bass sounds in Auria without using an amp sim app so far though...

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:57 am

For drum apps, if you post in the audiobus forum, you will get a million opinions. Stuff in Auria pro is pretty darn good, and getting some kind of midi pad to drive it should work fine. You can also add on your own drum sounds. For bass, I've been plugging my old Ripper directly in and recording it straight, then manipulating with various plugins - a little EQ, a little compression, a little distortion/saturation, you can make it do just about anything.

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:26 pm

I use iFretless Bass as a Bass App and it's really nice. I'm a Bass player so I should know. :)

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:59 pm

DrumPerfect Pro is being released soon, it's with Apple now. I've had this for a while and I can assure you that this is going to be perfect for acoustic drums (and more!). Snap it up when it arrives.

stromberg-carlson
Expert

Post by stromberg-carlson » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:44 pm

@fitz,

Can you post a reminder when the pro version of drum perfect drop? I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by stromberg-carlson on Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:04 am

No problem.

Druid88
Expert

Post by Druid88 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Drumperfect pro has arrived! Enough said, going back to playing with it, so far it kicks much bass drum.