Projects compatible between Auria and Auria Pro?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

leem
Expert

Projects compatible between Auria and Auria Pro?

Post by leem » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:23 pm

I thought I read somewhere that the projects would be cross compatible, but when I tried to open a project in Auria that was created in Auria Pro on another ipad (using dropbox to export/import) it gave an error message saying the project is not compatible.
Obviously I wouldn't expect Auria to play any MIDI tracks or other Pro features, but this was just a basic project with audio tracks and I was hoping we could share.

I guess everyone in the band is going to have to upgrade to Pro, or I am going to have to downgrade?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Projects compatible between Auria and Auria Pro?

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:51 am

The project formats were just too different for me to make them compatible in both directions. They are backwards compatible however. So a project from Auria will work in Auria Pro, and projects from older versions always work in newer versions. But not the other way around.

Rim

leem
Expert

Post by leem » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:20 am

Thanks for the quick reply as always. Your support on this forum really is top notch and helps to make this such a great app.

Is there an easy way to downgrade from Pro, or would I have to delete the app and reinstall? but would that lose my plugins also? I did the Pro upgrade as an in app purchase.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:49 am

In you originally bought Auria, then bought the upgrade to Pro, you can downgrade back to Auria by deleting the app, then re-installing. Then, when it's installed, go to the Auria Store and click on every plugin you already bought to reinstall it (click the "INSTALLED" button to reinstall each one). Just don't click the Restore Purchases button, because that will reinstall the upgrade to Pro.

Rim

leem
Expert

Post by leem » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:02 am

Awesome. Good to know it is an option.

I am going to go ahead and recommend they upgrade to Pro anyway, just needed to know if this was an option.

Thanks!