Deleting old Pro-Q and Pro-C

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cyril777
Expert

Deleting old Pro-Q and Pro-C

Post by Cyril777 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:40 pm

hi,
sorry to ask this again, but maybe the users who upgraded their version of FabFilter Pro-Q and Pro-C to Pro-Q2 and Pro-C2 would be able to answer me. How did you manage to erase the old versions, which still appear in the plugins menu. I don't find the relative files in iFunBox. So I will appreciate all the he you could give me.
And I'd like to add that in the Auria Store, even if I purchased Pro-Q2 and Pro-C2, and they are now available in the plugin menu, they still show as "uninstalled" in the store, meaning the price is still here and the mention "installed" is not written, like for other purchased plugins.
Therefore, the only solution I may consider, which is to reinstall Auria completely, seems not entirely secure, concerning the purchase of new FabFilter versions.
Thank you for,your attention and your help,
best regards,
Cyril
Last edited by Cyril777 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Deleting old Pro-Q and Pro-C

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:50 pm

It's not possible, because all plugins are built into the Auria code. Plugins don't use any disk space, so there's no need to worry about deleting them. The reason I keep the old ones in the list is for previous projects which might still use them (the new ones are not compatible with the old ones).

Rim

Cyril777
Expert

Post by Cyril777 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Thanks a lot for answering me !s
So if I understand, because I'm in this situation, I'm.working on a project I started before the Auria Pro upgrade. I have a lots of Pro-Q and Pro-C in this project, and I was beginning to replace them with the new version... But based on what you just wrote, I shouldn't do that, it's a pretty bad idea ?
And I profit from your fresh answer to ask you a question which received a lot of incomprehension on the forum. I was disappointed not to be able to select the vertical meter view window in the Edit window, which was possible before. Users only asked me what did I need to have this window showing up in the Edit view, and it has no use so that's why it wasn't available in the edit window anymore.
I'm not gonna bother you explaining why it was very useful for me to watch this meter window in the edit view, it wasn't here anymore and I didn't even plain to ask you about this.
But... how surprised I was to see this window suddenly showing up in the Edit view ! It happened a few times, each time after I pressed the "x" icon to close the Channel Strip" window. So I thought maybe it was still available, but after switching to the mixer and coming back to the edit view, the meter viewer had disepeared.
I still took some screenshots to show you and have your position on this subject, which might seem anecdotic to you but I miss this very much !
Attachments
Photo.jpg
The meter window showing up in the Edit screen like before

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm

The meter is a separate issue. It's on my list to add that back in for the edit page. I just haven't gotten that far down the list yet ;)

Here's a better explanation about Pro-C/Q: FabFilter released updated versions of these plugins (ProC2 and ProQ2). These new versions are not compatible with old projects that used ProC and ProQ. So if you have an old project that used ProC, for example, it will not automatically load ProC2 (your old project will load ProC). Of course, you can open your old project, remove Pro C and use Pro C2 if you want. And on new projects, you are free to use either ProC or Pro C2.

Rim

Cyril777
Expert

Post by Cyril777 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Thank you very much for these precisions. And I'm glad to know that the meter view window has not been removed from Auria Pro ! From experimented users point of view, I certainly may not use Auria in the most orthodox way...so have been told... but as long as it works for me and having an eye on the Meter window while I set my automations helps me... I don't believe it's an affront towards Auria's philosophy (I'm joking of course...).
So Rim, I thank you for your informations and ask forgiveness to other users for saying such nonsense ( :oops: )... kidding of course...
best regards,
Cyril

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:38 pm

The meter was never removed on purpose ;) Since the editor was rewritten completely, I simply forgot to have the master meter available in the edit screen ;)

Rim