Auria Pro Issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrdizzyfingers
Expert

Auria Pro Issues

Post by mrdizzyfingers » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Just a couple of issues since I've been playing around with Auria Pro.

> Some of the Overloud effects aren't working with plugins. The delay pedal and rack work but the tremolo rack and pedal don't for example. I tried with Lyra, Fab Filter synths and IAA. Haven't tried with audio yet.

> Some EXS Patches aren't loading. I have custom kits that I created on Logic. Some load and play with no problems and some won't load at all.

> The Muted Electric Bass patch (EXS) is making Autia Pro crash. At one point I made a new project and only loaded that patch in Lyra and it still crashed

I'm using original iPad Air 128 gig Cellular with about 20 gigs of free space, iRig Midi

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Pro Issues

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:46 pm

We've also noticed some issues with THM. I've let them know about it, so hopefully we'll see an update from them soon.

If there's a specific file that won't play in Lyra, please email it to me. These will help me fine tune Lyra so it's compatible with the most samples.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Pro Issues

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:01 am

I know this is frustrating. It's frustrating for us too! The real issue here is not whether there's a problem with one app or another. The real problem is the IAA framework itself. It's horrible. IAA simply can't be trusted to work reliably with any app. I've seen app developers fix their IAAs things so it works better with one DAW, but at the expense of working worse with another. It's just a mess. I believe the biggest reason for this is because Apple never properly documented how to implement IAAs. So many developers guessed, and now we have a hodge-podge of apps that work in some DAWs, but not in others.

..and don't get me started about how IAAs don't save state information (presets, settings), and there's no automation available, etc etc.

There are some things which can be done to improve the IAA experience, but this is no guarantee that it'll work for all IAAs:

1. Make sure you're using the same buffer size for playback and recording (in Auria's settings). Some IAAs don't like it when buffer sizes change.
2. Set the buffer size to something lower than 1024 when using IAAs. Some IAAs don't like large buffer sizes.
3. If you encounter an IAA that just won't load, open the IAA app separately, then close it by double-tapping the home button. Now try it again. Some IAAs become zombies and need to be "reset".

If you want a better experience overall, I recommend either using Audiobus, or the built-in effects in Auria. Once Audio Units become more mainstream, we hope all these issues will go away.

Rim