iPad 2 and Auria Pro?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jellybean

iPad 2 and Auria Pro?

Post by jellybean » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi, I am new to the forum and hopefully soon to be a new user of Auria Pro!

I held out for Pro as I want midi and from what I can tell without first hand experience Auria seems to be an advance on Cubase for iPad! So I waited only to see the release note on compatible iPads....not iPad 2 like Auria!!

What I would like to know is - Is it possible to run Auria Pro on an iPad 2?

limited audio track count is not an issue for me, nor is judicious use of plugins (even no plugins!), actually I want to use Auria Pro more as a midi sequencer than an Audio workstation. Of course in time I will upgrade my iPad and will utilise more of the audio functionality of Auria, but for now I would be more than happy to purchase Auria Pro and get to know it even with limitations....as long as I can use the midi functions to their full. Primarily I want to sequence a bunch of hardware.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: iPad 2 and Auria Pro?

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Auria Pro will technically run on an original iPad 2, but it barely runs on an iPad 3. The main issue you'll have is the synths. They simply won't run on hardware that old. But if you use your own external synths, you'll have much better luck with it.

Rim

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:08 pm

Thanks Rim!

the soft synths and sampler are the least needed so I will give it a go

Like I said primarily midi and secondarily a few audio tracks....I will see how many I can squeeze out of the iPad 2 and report back for any other iPad 2 owners who are considering Auria Pro.

watteva

Post by watteva » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:11 am

I've used Auria Pro in an ipad2, I can run projects up to about 12 mono audio tracks with minimal processing (eq, comp, etc.)

It can play back the original Auria demo track, "The Approach" ok but the Auria Pro demo track has synths running live that it will choke on. Freezing those tracks should make it playable though.