External Drives - iPad 2 Users

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

peteT
Expert

External Drives - iPad 2 Users

Post by peteT » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:58 am

Hi,

I have added Auria Pro alongside my Auria to my iPad 2. My thoughts here for this thread is to ask any recommendations for Drives [flash or wi-fi] being used successfully by IPAD2 users. Please use or create another thread for other iPad models since drives are likely to be different. It could prove a very good source of reference in the future for users using Auria and Auria Pro on different models by having threads dedicated to different ipad models. I would much appreciate any input and experience from any of you who have had backing up and retrieving experiences on iPad 2. I will continue to update the thread with any useful info. as we go along. Thanks in advance. Pete

P.S.
You might well ask what am I doing with Auria Pro on an iPad 2 and I can understand any concerns. Don't worry - I don't use midi, but am interested in the extra busses and routing plus direct outs and particularly the ability to Save Projects to other Applications [i.e. External Drives and iCloud etc]. I am beginning to experiment and test various project sizes saving to AudioShare and then saving to iCloud - (Dropbox saving has never included snapshot saves [one to watch out for - Rim knows and has it on his list]). I would also like to save to external drive when out of range of WiFi or a computer to free up space on iPad for larger multitrack 96k files. Normally the best option is iFunBox which really works when connected to a PC. More to follow .....