Lyra and Auria Request

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Roberto

Lyra and Auria Request

Post by Roberto » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:01 am

Hi Rim! Awesome work!!
About Lyra: could we please have esx24 standard folder integration? Modern sampled instruments distributions have a different folder layout ie: a samples and a instruments... Most of times there are subfolders that Lyra won't read. I really don't want to spend my free time trying different folder setups instead of playing.

Auria request: ability to arm a track whenever auria is playing... I tend to jam between midi channels to get inspiration juices flowing... Being able to change channels and loop on the fly would be so helpful!!

Thanks!!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Lyra and Auria Request

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:27 am

Adding a second folder is a good idea. I could have Lyra scan both. If it doesn't find the samples in the main folder, it can search the samples folder. What would you suggest as a name for the sample folder?

Rim

DaveB
Expert

Post by DaveB » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:13 am

Rim wrote:Adding a second folder is a good idea. I could have Lyra scan both. If it doesn't find the samples in the main folder, it can search the samples folder. What would you suggest as a name for the sample folder?

Rim
Samples

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:55 pm

Rim wrote:Adding a second folder is a good idea. I could have Lyra scan both. If it doesn't find the samples in the main folder, it can search the samples folder. What would you suggest as a name for the sample folder?

Rim
So glad you liked the idea!
Can I suggest two folder names? (as in apple logic pro and a lot of commercial sampler instruments does):
1.- "EXS Factory Samples" since there is a "samples" folder already on the aura filesystem and there could be conflicts...
2.- "Sampler Instruments" where actual *.exs instruments files reside.
I can´t insist much on how important is to give Lyra the ability to scan in more than one folder level to look for the actual samples...

And Rim,
since you did´t say anything on the second Auria request ...(about the ability to arm/disarm midi tracks on the fly?) please consider it.

Thanks for your time.
Best regards!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll consider these.

Record on the fly will probably never make it into Auria, since that would require a rewrite of major parts of the audio engine.

Rim

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:25 am

Wish I could import SF2 or EXS directly into Lyra from DropBox. Open in... Auria from anywhere would be sweet. I do understand that this might not be possible because of various folder/file possible combinations but it would be nice.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:37 am

Yes, that would be great, but just not practical. Instruments consist of both folders and files, so Open In is not possible. I already support Open In for zip files, so it's possible to move instruments into Lyra right now.

Rim

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:04 am

So if I have an SF2 all I have to do is zip it up and Open in...? That's good enough for me.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:10 am

It's a bit more complicated than that. Zipping it and using Open In will result in the SF2 being copied into Auria's main Documents folder. But if you want to get it into Lyra, you need to first create your own folder structure in the zip file:

Sampler Instruments
Bass Guitars
BassGuitar.sf2

Then you zip that folder and do an OpenIn to Auria. An app like AudioShare can easily make this folder structure and send it to Auria.

Rim

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:55 am

Thank You!