Lyra- sfz files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

waynerowand

Lyra- sfz files

Post by waynerowand » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.....

I added Sonatina sfz files into Lyra. No problem there....they show up and are playable. Trouble is that the file dropdown will not scroll correctly to let me choose a different patch. I can scroll titles in the dropdown but they want to bounce back to default position.

@Rim......thanks for Pro! One more reason to not open the laptop! :D

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Lyra- sfz files

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Do you mean that the bottom of the dropdown list touches the bottom of the screen? Or on the top? Could you please post a screenshot?

Rim

waynerowand

Post by waynerowand » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi Rim,

I removed the files then re-installed them. They are now scrolling correctly. Before, they would not scroll at all,but acted like they were on a rubber band.

All good now!

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:49 pm

Hey what's the easiest way to add sfz files to Lyra @Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:19 am

Currently the only way to add SFZ, EXS or EXS files into Lyra is to use a computer and iFunBox to copy them into the Sampler Instruments folder. Make sure they go into a subfolder of Sampler Instruments, for example:

Sampler Instruments
Bass
My Bass.sfz

Rim

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:46 am

Rim it would be easier if you download the file on your device into AudioShare, then unzip the file and then send from Audio Share into a user folder in Lyra. A lot of synth apps use Audio Share to do this, MTS studio does this into its SF player.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:33 am

Actually, I just checked, and you can do this all with AudioShare already.

If you have an SFZ you want to move to Auria, here are the steps:

1. Copy your SFZ and the associated samples folder to AudioShare
2. In AudioShare, create a new folder. Call is Sampler Instruments
3. Go inside the Sampler Instruments folder and create another new folder called Bass (or some other name)
4. Go back to the main list of files. Find your SFZ file, and tap on it for a few seconds until you see the menu. Select Move, and move it into your new "Bass" folder
5. Do he same thing to the SFZ samples folder (move it to the Bass folder).
6. Now long tap on the Sampler Instruments folder and choose Make Zip File
7. hen it's finished, tap on the new zip file (cancel the dialog that comes up asking if you want to open it). Then tap on the Send icon (the icon on the right with the box and arrow pointing out). Choose Auria.

That's all you need to do. Now your SFZ will appear inside the Bass category in Lyra's list.

Rim

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Rim thanks, is it possible to make it work like how i describe, it would be much easier.
Also would you be add the feature to import your own sample file, some what like how Ableton Sampler works.

Rudo
Expert

Post by Rudo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:57 am

Hello,

I'm trying to get the Sonatina files in Auria pro.
I've used ifunbox, copied all the files and the samples folder into a subfolder in Sample Instruments, but then the sounds won't play.

I've tried to copy the zipfile to audioshare, and went through all the steps. Then there is only one sound to play.
Now I have the unzipped file in dropbox, but I can only copy one file at the time to audioshare and only one sample at the time. I can't copy a whole folde to audioshare.

I've uploaded SF2 files before with no problem. The difference I see is that those files didn't have a sepparate sample folder.

How can I do it differently?

Thanks

Rudo

Rudo
Expert

Post by Rudo » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:38 am

Rudo wrote:Hello,

I'm trying to get the Sonatina files in Auria pro.
I've used ifunbox, copied all the files and the samples folder into a subfolder in Sample Instruments, but then the sounds won't play.

I've tried to copy the zipfile to audioshare, and went through all the steps. Then there is only one sound to play.
Now I have the unzipped file in dropbox, but I can only copy one file at the time to audioshare and only one sample at the time. I can't copy a whole folde to audioshare.

I've uploaded SF2 files before with no problem. The difference I see is that those files didn't have a sepparate sample folder.

How can I do it differently?

Thanks

Rudo
Never mind. I tried it again using the computer and ifunbox and works great. So maybe I didn't do it right the first time.