AirDrop, iPad to iPad

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

arco
Expert

AirDrop, iPad to iPad

Post by arco » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Rim, is it possible to Save the project to other, then AirDrop to another iPad running Auria? Will it know to put the zip file into Auria's folder? (whereas to my Mac, it will always go to downloads). Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: AirDrop, iPad to iPad

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:34 pm

"Save Project to Other App" zips up the project and sends it to another app. If you did this via Air Drop to another Auria Pro, it would unzip the file and put it into the Documents folder, where all the other projects are.

Rim

arco
Expert

Post by arco » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:01 am

Thanks, but Auria does not show up on the receiving iPad after the Airdrop transfer. I hope when I cancelled, it did not save it anywhere.
I have upgraded to Pro, in Auria.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:44 am

Auria doesn't support Air Drop. What I meant was that other apps do, so you might have luck with sending the zip file to another app which supports AirDrop, then get that app to send it to your other iPad.

Rim

arco
Expert

Post by arco » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:33 pm

Could it one day?
I got it to send and it arrived at the second iPad. I had a few options of where to save it, but if Auria listed, it would have been really useful. (I tried saving to a storage app related to my Strontium flash drive (it was not connected) and saved it there, but it could not then share to Auria as it did not list.)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Possibly. I'd have to look into what it would take to implement that once I have some time.

Rim