Propellerhead Thor into midi track

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Nyanko
Expert

Propellerhead Thor into midi track

Post by Nyanko » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:42 am

Is there a way to get Thor being recognized by the midi tracks in Auria Pro? I really like this synth and I would be glad if I could use the auria sequencer with it. Thanks.

Cpu Red
Expert

Re: Propellerhead Thor into midi track

Post by Cpu Red » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:27 am

Start a midi track have instrument set to off. Set midi output to Thor in the fx pane of that track. Start an audio track select thor as an iaa input. Sequence your midi track. Record.

Nyanko
Expert

Post by Nyanko » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:55 am

Thanks. Do I need to use audiobus to get the iaa input?

I figured it out with audiobus, thank you very much. I wish there was a way without audiobus though, the less apps we use the more power we get.
Last edited by Nyanko on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:03 am

Nope.

Nyanko
Expert

Post by Nyanko » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:09 am

Cpu Red wrote:Nope.
So how do you make auria to find thor without linking it with audiobus?

Ok, got it. It's where the effects are. Thanks for your help!
Last edited by Nyanko on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:14 am

In mixer view hit fx on the audio track you want to record thor on. On the right hand side of that window it says channel strip, the four white boxes that say "none" by default. Click one of those boxes and scroll down toward the bottom where you shall find thor. Select thor. This is how you insert inter app audio apps into Auria and it is also where you choose fx to insert into your chain.

Nyanko
Expert

Post by Nyanko » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:19 am

Thanks again, you made my day :D

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:23 am

Nyanko wrote:Is there a way to get Thor being recognized by the midi tracks in Auria Pro? I really like this synth and I would be glad if I could use the auria sequencer with it. Thanks.
The way to use a synth within Auria Pros midi is to inset that synth in the instrument input in the midi page. This way when you play Thor its midi notes will get recorded not the audio. You can then bounce the track in place to change it to audio or simply freeze the track. If you inset Thor into an audio channel then all you can do is record the audio of Thor not its midi notes. Good luck. Cheers

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:54 am

Anthony Alves wrote:
Nyanko wrote:Is there a way to get Thor being recognized by the midi tracks in Auria Pro? I really like this synth and I would be glad if I could use the auria sequencer with it. Thanks.
The way to use a synth within Auria Pros midi is to inset that synth in the instrument input in the midi page. This way when you play Thor its midi notes will get recorded not the audio. You can then bounce the track in place to change it to audio or simply freeze the track. If you inset Thor into an audio channel then all you can do is record the audio of Thor not its midi notes. Good luck. Cheers
Thor doesnt come up as an iaa midi instrument. And the way i suggested, you are still recording the midi notes, it will just be on a seperate track and it is slightly more of a hassle than it would be if thor just came up as an iaa instrument.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:59 am

Good point. I did just confirm that Thor does not show up in the midi list so yes your approach would be the correct one. Cheers and thanks for the support. We will all be needing it in the next few weeks to clear everything up. See your a beta tester too now.