iOS-compatible external hard drives.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

AuriaStudios
Expert

iOS-compatible external hard drives.

Post by AuriaStudios » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:43 am

I seen on the website it supports reading and writing to expandable memory Rim can you expand on this process please sir?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: iOS-compatible external hard drives.

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:10 am

There's a section in the new Auria 2.0 manual which talks about it:

http://auriaapp.com/Support/user-guide

Basically, when you connect an iOS compatible hard drive, you can send the current Auria project to the drive by using the "Save Project to Other App" menu item in Auria Pro. This presents a box asking you which app to send the project to. You choose the app that comes with your hard drive. Then, in a few moments, it will open your hard drive's app and typically the app will ask which folder you want to save the file to (it's a zip file at this point).

Going the other way around is a matter of opening your hard drive's app, choosing the project zip file you want to copy back to Auria, and choosing the Open In option in that app (the name of this feature varies, depending on how the app named it). Then choose Auria Pro from their list and it should copy it back to Auria. Auria will then unzip the file and now you have your project back.

Rim

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Ok wow thats just amazing 128gb iPad pro with a 128gb ios compatible flash drive I'm super good on space. Thanks Sir for this feature. Will this only work with project files or can I store my 30gb of sound fonts for Lyra. The one thing I have been waiting for but never new it was Lyra its great and super fast i cant believe it.

arco
Expert

Post by arco » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:07 am

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:42 am

At the moment this feature is only for projects, but it will be extended to support other files in the future.

Rim

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:45 am

Awesome Sauce thanks