Loop-cycling MIDI overdubs?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

r3watson
Expert

Loop-cycling MIDI overdubs?

Post by r3watson » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:21 pm

I've been trying to create some simple drum patterns with Lyra, which has some great drum sounds by the way. No problem with Auria Pro recording what I play, but I've been unable to go back and add more parts, (hi hats, etc., after the kick/snare were recorded in the first pass).

So, I guess I'm trying to find the correct term for this firstly, then figure out how secondly:

1- It's what I can do in Gadget, Logic, etc.: add kick/snare first time through loop, then add hi hats, and later cymbals with additional cycles through the loop. So: MIDI live looping/overdubbing?

2- If so, what do I do? I've tried the obvious of just letting the loop play, but when recording, Auria never loops back, just keeps recording what's played in a linear movement.

Finally: Yes, I can go back into the piano roll editor and draw in the parts, but it takes longer.

Just wondering if this were possible?

Thanks, really enjoying Pro so far!
-iPad 4 32gig/-iOS 9.1/-Auria Pro/-Apogee Jam/-Not jailbroken

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Loop-cycling MIDI overdubs?

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi. Loop recording unfortunately is not out yet but there is a way for you to layer your midi without drawing it. Under the edit menu select MIDI RECORD OVERDUB MODE. Now you can layer as much midi notes as you would like live and the old ones are not overwritten and you can even write your midi cc control for Twin2 and One in this manner. Cheers and good luck.

r3watson
Expert

Re: Loop-cycling MIDI overdubs?

Post by r3watson » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Yes! Excellent! Exactly what I needed to add the extras.

Many thanks
-iPad 4 32gig/-iOS 9.1/-Auria Pro/-Apogee Jam/-Not jailbroken