Bug with FabFilter Plugins_ANSWERED

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cyril777
Expert

Bug with FabFilter Plugins_ANSWERED

Post by Cyril777 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:47 pm

Hi,
I wanted to know if anyone had the same bug I have.
On both Pro-Q and Pro-C, the waveform (Analyzer) doesn't show up anymore. I tried pre-EQ and Post-EQ, nothing shows up. Of course I rebooted my iPad, reinstalled Auria (I had to, because of the Twin not showing up in the menu), but still no sign of the waveform.
Am I the only one? (iOS 8.4, iPad Air 1).

Another question, not a bug, I wanted to be sure that it's not possible anymore to have the separate meter vertical window when you are in edit view ? It was possible before, I had it all the time because I found it very useful. But now it seems that it's not possible... For you as well ?
Thank you for your help, have a good weekend!
Last edited by Cyril777 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Bug with FabFilter Pro-Q (Legacy) and Pro-C(Legacy)

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Just tested this in Auria 2.0 and Auria Pro and both are displaying their analyzers fine and working as they should. Check your output matrix and check the outputs of your track to make sure they are going to the master or wherever you have them routed. Depends where the ProC and Q are inserted. As for the meter on the editor window no mine is not there either and it was able to do that in the old Auria. Many users asked for that to be taken away as it was in the way and no audio mixing is done in the editor lanes. So this may have been removed intentionally but Im sure Rim could make a toggle for it to appear but he is pretty busy right now with fixing bugs. if he meant for it to show than this is a bug. How did you see this as useful in the editor as it only gives you the master output level and you still can see the track level in the editor and there are no level controls in the editor other than audio process for wave audio. Cheers
P.S. Running ios 8.4.1 iPad Air 1

Cyril777
Expert

Re: Bug with FabFilter Pro-Q (Legacy) and Pro-C(Legacy)

Post by Cyril777 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:39 pm

How did you see this as useful in the editor as it only gives you the master output level and you still can see the track level in the editor and there are no level controls in the editor other than audio process for wave audio.
As the general mixer of Auria couldn't be midi controlled, I took the habit to do all the tracks volume adjustment in the edit window. It really helped me to have an eye on the overall level when adjusting a track level compared to another, or when I try to boost a track volume, still by editing automation key and adjusting the volume (or the EQ, Pan) while editing its "complementary" track or "opposite" track, meaning the track(s) which are meant to be adjusted together.
So, like I said, because I made all the parameters setting in the edit view, it was very helpful to see how the changes your making between these tracks were impacted the global output volume, whiteout having to switch to the mixer view each time you moved a key or worst, after having edited multiples automation keys and realizing that it totally killed your headroom reserve. When you can watch the meter window all along the changes you make, then you know right away if you've done something wrong and what it was.
Sorry for this long explanation, I must have written 5 times the same idea !
But to answer your last concern, and to reassure Rim, I do not consider this as a bug, since apparently it was a general request from users, which I don't really understand why since you can choose to close it and open it when you wanted...
Thank you for your answer, and I have another important question coming right away, since I wasn't able to get an answer on Facebook, on a question which seems fundamental to me...

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Bug with FabFilter Plugins_ANSWERED

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:39 am

Yes I agree under this usage this feature would come in handy. It will be possible to set a toggle on and off for the meter in the future. Just ask for it later on and Rim will likely do it for you as it seems he's built this entire app on the request of the users. Unheard of really but true. This is really a users app. Cheers.

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:59 am

Could you try level meter work in pro-c2 pro-mb and pro-q2? Is it working? Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:07 am

The meters in C2, MB and Q2 don't work. This is something FabFilter knows about and they are working on a fix. Hopefully I'll get something from them soon, so I can add it to an Auria update.

Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:23 am

Thank you! Rim!