Auria to Auria Pro Upgrade Troubleshooting

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Pericles

Re: Auria to Auria Pro Upgrade Troubleshooting

Post by Pericles » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:39 pm

Hello.

My problem isn't so much of the Auria to Pro upgrade process itself. Rather, when I do conduct the upgrade, my upgraded FabFilter Pro-C 2 and Pro-Q 2 plug-ins do not restore fully.

I conducted the initial upgrade (bought as an upgrade from within the Auria app) and bought the upgraded plug-ins as well (I originally had the older legacy versions). That was fine. However, recently I reset my iPad and redownloaded and installed all my apps. From the app store, I downloaded the regular version of Auria, and then from within the app, I restored purchases. This upgraded to Auria Pro and all of my purchased plug-ins, except for the two mentioned above. After trying to restore purchases several times, only Pro-C 2 finally showed up. I then deleted the app altogether and redownloaded and installed again. This time, no matter how many times I clicked restore purchases, the two plug-ins wouldn't restore (only the older legacy versions). I just deleted, redownloaded, and installed again, and after restoring purchases several times, only Pro-C 2 shows up.

I would really appreciate a solution to this so that I can use Pro-Q 2 which I paid for. Your help on this matter would be most appreciated.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Try this: go to the Auria store, find the Pro-Q Upgrade, then click Buy. This will re-purchase the upgrade. Apple won't charge you again if you already own it.

Rim

halfcack

Post by halfcack » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:15 pm

Rim wrote:Can you tell me about how you upgraded? Did you download a different version, or do you still have LE? There's no reason your projects should have disappeared, that is not at all normal.

Rim
Sorry, I fell asleep on this one. My fault.

However, that crispy critter thing can not be had with any other multi track. With the standard preset on the eq, it sounded like it was tailor made for me. I have have an annoying honk, using certain words in certain ranges, when I use the vocal preset, it's pro all the way.

I received the letter you sent out. I believe your explanation was fair or even more than. I can't imagine the amount of work that went into the final product. It looks beautiful. I didn't know enough to change the style of the color theme.

So, I have Auria LE. With it is the full eq plug in. It has the stereo convolution reverbs, stereo delays and retune. It says it has midi in and out with some free drum program. It has two matrix boards. I have an editor. It also says that I can go 64 bit. Is this the standard LE and I guess what do I do to safely get to pro.

The iPad Air 2 was so overpowered it handled Auria easily. Now I have the pro 9.7 and Auria doesn't hiccup at all. Nice work.

Ivan Dubinsky

Post by Ivan Dubinsky » Tue May 10, 2016 11:33 am

I have the original Auria app which I upgraded to Auria Pro a couple of months ago. Last night, I noticed that there was an upgrade for Auria so I clicked on it and let it do its thing as I went to bed (very slow Internet as I'm on a satellite system). Well, this morning, I noticed that the upgrade had completed so I opened the program only to find that my projects won't open up as it says I only have Auria, not Auria Pro. Apple now want me to fork out another $40 US to get back the functionality I already had. I don't blame the Auria folks for this but it's the final straw for me and the Apple App Store. I'm going to go back to using my laptop for recording (it's easier, anyway) and I'm still deciding whether or not to take a sledgehammer to my iPad.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Tue May 10, 2016 1:34 pm

Ivan,
All you have to do is open Auria, go into the Auria Store and click on 'Restore Purchases' in the upper right. That will get you back up to Pro and restore any plugins you may have also purchased from the Auria Store.

-Corey

Ivan Dubinsky

Post by Ivan Dubinsky » Tue May 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Corey W wrote:Ivan,
All you have to do is open Auria, go into the Auria Store and click on 'Restore Purchases' in the upper right. That will get you back up to Pro and restore any plugins you may have also purchased from the Auria Store.

-Corey

Thanks, Corey...I wasn't aware of that. Perhaps I should have read over more of the messages in this thread. Good thing I didn't take the sledgehammer to my iPad then :-)

Mgray

Post by Mgray » Sat May 14, 2016 3:22 am

I'm still confused on the procedure to get my plug in's that are on original Auria that's on one iPad, into the full price Auria Pro I have on a new iPad Pro. Rim mentioned something about letting one app talk to the other about puchases. Can that be done between different devices?

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat May 14, 2016 6:12 pm

It can't be done from one device to another, but you can install the regular Auria on your new iPad (Apple lets you install the same app on multiple devices). Then, restore all your plugins on that copy of Auria, go into Auria Pro and press the Transfer Purchases button.

Rim

Parkstenator

Post by Parkstenator » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi,

I have the Auria mobile app with some additional psp plugins. Via the in app menu I chose to upgrade to auria pro. The transaction completed but there has been no upgrade. I checked in settings next to rev number - can't see 'pro'. Also can't insert midi channels or find fab filter instruments. I uninstalled and the re-installed auria mobile, yet there is still no upgrade in place. I checked my bank and the money has been debited. Please can you help me get my upgrade installed.

Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:12 pm

There are a couple of things you can try in order to solve this:

1. Go into the Auria Store (inside Auria), and press the restore purchases button at the top. If this doesn't work, you can also try re-purchasing the upgrade (Apple won't charge you again).

2. Delete Auria and re-installing it again. Remember to back up any songs before you do this. Also, please remember to download Auria from the app store, not Auria Pro. After you've re-downloaded it, go into the Auria Store inside Auria and press the "restore purchases" button at the top.

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:38 am

So is it possible to install Auria Pro (an upgrade from regular Auria) on 2 different iPads under the same account? I have a situation where I have recorded a bunch of tracks and my brother, whos using my Apple I.D. on his iPad, will be mixing them. But it seems like Apple wants to charge him another $50 even though I have it installed and working on my iPad. Any help would be good on this, thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:39 am

Yes, I believe this is possible. Apple allows you a certain number of devices (I believe it's 5?) under the same iTunes account.

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:12 am

Unfortunately, there was another $50 charge when my brother purchased Auria Pro on his iPad under my account. Frustrating but oh well.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:14 am

Interesting... Did you originally have Auria upgraded to Auria Pro? If that's the case, your brother should have bought Auria, not Auria Pro. Maybe that would explain it?

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 am

I did have Auria then upgraded, yeah. But even if we looked at that route too, it still wanted to charge him. I may need to ask one of my friends that works for Apple.