Auria to Auria Pro Upgrade Troubleshooting

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

BigChris

Re: Auria to Auria Pro Upgrade Troubleshooting

Post by BigChris » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:37 am

Hi Rim. Told you I'd break it! Originally the upgrade worked beautifully, except fo fab filter 2 not working (yellow). I uninstalled and reinstalled, then restored purchases. I get the message saying that all purchases are restored but no change, just Auria 2.0 - any advice at all? Thanks in advance 8)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:25 am

When you say "no change", what do you mean? Did all your purchases get restored (plugins, etc)? Did you check in the settings page that it says "Auria Pro" next to the version number?

Rim

BigChris

Post by BigChris » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:38 am

Sorry, none of the purchased plugins show up and it still just says Version 2.0, no Pro

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:53 am

Ok, just so I'm clear about your versions, what version of Auria did you originally purchase? Auria or Auria LE?

If it was originally Auria, then go into the Auria Store and click on Upgrades, then purchase the Auria Pro Upgrade. If you have already purchased this, Apple won't charge you again, so you can safely click on this (even if it says "Installed" - it'll still let you click on it.

Rim

BigChris

Post by BigChris » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:18 pm

Thanks Rim, that's sorted the Auria Pro issue (I'd purchased Auria originally). Do I have to do the same process for my other purchases (e.g. Fab filter pro q2, drumagog, microwarmer etc)?
Thanks again!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:45 pm

The Restore Purchase button at the top of the Auria Store should restore all your purchases (including the upgrade), but if that's not working for some reason (maybe the iTunes servers are slow, etc), you can also do it all manually for every product.

Rim

dkhbrit
Expert

Post by dkhbrit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:50 pm

I upgraded from Auria. It shows Auria pro in settings but Lyra and the other included synths are showing yellow and nor accessible.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:53 pm

@dkhbrit, this is an issue with the v2.00 version, and is solved by deleting Auria and reinstalling. Once it's reinstalled, go into the Auria Store and press the Restore Purchases button at the top. Make sure to back up your projects before you delete!

NOTE: when re-installing, you want to download the Auria version from the App Store, not Auria Pro, as Apple still considers you an Auria user.

Rim

dkhbrit
Expert

Post by dkhbrit » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:33 am

Thanks Rim, all sorted now.

arco
Expert

Post by arco » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:56 am

Rim, I had Auria, purchased the upgrade to Pro v2. Downloading v2.01, I still had to go to the Store and restore purchases. And it took a little time for it to do this. Would this happen each time we update? (Since I am slightly annoyed to do this each time, would it be better for me just to purchase Pro + extras I need.) I'm considering the cost, but do not mind 'donating' to your excellent app.
The question is, are you likely to create a Pro2+ whatever :) version in the near future which would mean the same thing, going through the restores again each update for the (now) Pro version.
Or shall I just stay where I am as that was the recommended way to upgrade.
Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:01 am

There shouldn't be any reason to restore purchases after upgrading to pro. The only time you need to do this is if you delete the app and reinstall it. So as long as you don't delete the app, the purchases should remain. Are you saying the purchases disappeared, even without deleting the app?

Rim

arco
Expert

Post by arco » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:46 pm

Yes both my iPad Air and iPad Pro required restoring. After the update on each, I opened Auria and it told me the song was incompatible as I did not have Auria Pro, so restored. Perhaps it is related to installing OS9.2 in-between, which is what could have happened? It's all ok if this is not meant to happen, or shouldn't next time.
:)

psysword
Expert

Post by psysword » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:31 am

I'm one of those unthinking people who ended up buying both apps, Auriga upgrade and Auria Pro. Don't ask me how but it were my unthinking fingers. I don't feel bad that the money goes to Rim if I don't get a refund as I've equestrian Apple. I don't know if you have anything to do with the refund Rim, hehhehe....if you do help me out, otherwise I'm glad my almost 100 dollars on Auria went to you albeit have with Apple taking a bite out of it. Well I still had to use the old Auria since all my plugins were there. Ah Life!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:44 am

Thanks @psysword. I wish it were different, but as developers we have no say in refunds, as all aspects of the sales are handled by Apple.

Rim

Cyril777
Expert

How to erase old ("Legacy")versions of FabFilter plugins?

Post by Cyril777 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:22 pm

hi,
just a simple question : How should I proceed to erase old (called "Legacy") version of FabFilter Pro-Q and Pro-C if I purchased the update ? I bought the Pro-Q2 and Pro-C2, which works fine, but the old version still show up in the plugin menu. It's not a big deal, but I believe it would be suitable to erase previous versions, just to clean-up Auria files, because I don't think that having both versions installed helps Auria to work better !
I believe it's just a matter of files and folders to delete but I would prefer to have the right answer from someone who's done it or maybe from Rim ?
Thank you,for your attention and your help,
best regards,

Cyril