No Output Auria Pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Old Master Bee

No Output Auria Pro

Post by Old Master Bee » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:52 am

What is the quick/correct turnaround when Auria stops outputting sound ? (Closing down and reopening isn't the answer as it doesn't work)

This would happen a lot in Auria 1 and I used to flaf around until something worked. I was hoping Auria Pro would sort this out but its still happening. This truly is a creative killer, so a quick turnaround to this problem would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Last edited by Old Master Bee on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtingle
Expert

Re: No Output Auria Pro

Post by mtingle » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:00 am

Auria 1 started doing this to me when I upgraded to iOS 9.

Only a re-start would bring the sound back.

Happens randomly but at least at least once per session.
Last edited by mtingle on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old Master Bee

Post by Old Master Bee » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:05 am

Happens to me a lot, this is such a shame.

Old Master Bee

Post by Old Master Bee » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:36 am

In frustration I have put my iPad pro down only to pick it up 10mins later to find I still can not get any sound out of it (after resets and close downs). I know it will randomly come back at some point but come on this is ridiculous. Somebody please help me here, what am I missing.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:57 am

I've never heard of this (and never seen any reports of this during beta either). How are you guys getting Auria to quit making sound? Can you send me an example project that makes this happen every time?

Rim

-ki
Expert

Post by -ki » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:26 am

I only had this effect (rarely) with the old Auria 1.5 - no sound or advancing of the playhead when pressing
play. The meters of the tracks and the output meter were showing a a static signal level.

Channel strip, window movement, knob adjustment, menues and so on - everthing still worked.
Auria 1.5 did not completly hung up, only the internal play counter or whatever stopped.

Since there was not even a click or short sound segment (just silence) when pressing play, i think
it has nothing to do with switching to the next audio buffer - perhaps already the first one could not be
locked... I could never reproduce this behavior by purpose.

In that times sometimes force-quit of Auria or hard rebooting of the ipad helped - but you already tried an
suggested that.

Afterwards the same project behaved totaly normal, i never had that 'full-stop' twice a day.
Perhaps once every two weeks... It did not yet happen with Auria Pro

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:57 am

It's was a iOS 9 issue with Auria 1. If it happens with pro I'll let you know .

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:45 am

Make sure that you have your master selected in the output matrix. As well check that the output of the track is set to Master L/R. Interesting thing that I found is that if the master is not selected at the output matrix and the output 1/2 is on and you set the track to output 1/2 you can hear the audio of the track play, no audio interface required for this test and even if you lower the volume fader of the track the audio will still be heard but no signal is fed to the master. This is pretty interesting routing and I wonder if it was meant to be that way as I don't understand where I would route output 1/2 with no audio device connected. If we could route the output 1/2 back into a track that would make sense but you can't. Its called direct outs 1/2 is that the headphones out? So I guess this is part answer and part what I have investigated in the routing system. One of my specialties now.lol. cheers

-ki
Expert

Post by -ki » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:53 am

@mtingle I had that problem with Auria 1.5 with IOS 8 - 8.3 on an IPad Air (and not IOS 9)

@Anthony Alves It's not that the audio is silent or inaudible when the problem occurs - it does not seem
to be a routing problem.
Its the playhead which is not advancing at all. The mixer and main meter seem to display the intensity of
the 'to be played' output, but as the playhead is 'stuck' nothing can be heared. One can use all controls, save
the project and so on. As if time is frozen.

I never had this glitch with Auria Pro.

Regarding you routing: I think that this is the feature Rim announced some days ago: Direct output of tracks to external soundcard channels. If there is no soundcard then output 1/2 is the headphone (Just tested).
Last edited by -ki on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:56 am

Why are we talking about issues that happened a year ago on Auria 1? ;) If there are no problems with the new version, we should probably close this thread ;)

Rim

-ki
Expert

Post by -ki » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:03 am

At least the thread starter @Old Master Bee is using the new Auria Pro and is having this problem a lot
more othen than we had.

We others just wanted to help you out finding the bug with the our knowledge and corner it somehow, or
give you an idea what it might be, since our old workarounds didn't help Old Master Bee.

If it wasn't an active bug, there wouldn't be such a discussion. Thread should be moved to the Bug Report forum.
Last edited by -ki on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:05 am

Old Master Bee, are you still having issues with audio?

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Sorry I thought they wee talking about the new Auria Pro or Auria 2.0. If this about the old Auria then my comments don't apply as they are just for Auria Pro Routing. Cheers

Old Master Bee

Post by Old Master Bee » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Two things seem to be happening.
1. When I open the project SUB4 is muted and Soloed (I don't know why)
2. I am working with Cyclop and for some reason the samples within my project won't play until I have Cyclop running in the background.

I think it might be something Cyclop is doing. Leave it with me for now.
Thanks

Update' It's not Cylops
Last edited by Old Master Bee on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Master Bee

Post by Old Master Bee » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:43 pm

I have lost audio yet again. All was going well until I copied a sample to my project and voilà the sound as gone again. No muted or solo buttons activated and I'm not using Cyclops.

Update: I've come back to my project and the audio has returned. This is very frustrating and completely spoiling my experience.