How will editing midi notes be handled?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ChrisG
Expert

How will editing midi notes be handled?

Post by ChrisG » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:47 am

I'm sorry if this been covered, I've basically been totally out of the loop with the new Auria (been just happy with the old one:).

I saw an old post by Rim mentioning that editing midi notes will be handled the same way as audio tracks. I'm wondering if this still is the case? On audio tracks you need to zoom in to reveal additional handles and editing options, which makes sense for audio tracks as they are typically edited one by one. But midi notes are typically edited in a completely different way. For instance, a lot of times you need to change the length and/or the position of multiple notes (that can span octaves apart), usually by dragging mouse or finger to create a marker box around the note you want to include.

So, how does this look today? Can you grab edges of a note and/or multiple notes and change the length, without having to zoom (basically like in any other midi editor ever made in any other daw ever made is what I'm trying to say:), and so on...

That'll be all, carry on soldiers! 8) :D
Last edited by ChrisG on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: How will editing midi notes be handled?

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:23 am

I think you'll be very happy with the way Auria Pro handles MIDI editing. The pianoroll has a draw mode for quickly entering and moving notes and all the usual multiselect and highlight tools make things easy for operating on several notes at once.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Re: How will editing midi notes be handled?

Post by ChrisG » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:28 pm

Ok, that sounds great. Thanks Rim!