FabFilter

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

kirkatude

FabFilter

Post by kirkatude » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:48 am

I don't seem to have an account with FabFilter after buying six plugins through Auria.
And, is it possible to use these in-app purchases outside of Auria?

Thanks.

kirkatude

King
Expert

Re: FabFilter

Post by King » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:27 am

kirkatude wrote:I don't seem to have an account with FabFilter after buying six plugins through Auria.
And, is it possible to use these in-app purchases outside of Auria?

Thanks.

kirkatude
Buying these plug-ins through Auria doesn't give you an account with Fabfilter. You would have to buy the versions for PC and Mac, (via PC and Mac).

Currently there are no other apps that use the (Auria versions) of the Fabfilter plugin-ins on iOS, and they are not transferable to PC or Mac.

Would be nice! But not at that price!
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

orangeoctane

Post by orangeoctane » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:02 pm

It WOULD be nice for those of us who dropped $1000 for all the FabFilter plugins on our computer DAWs to have access to them in Auria without having to purchase them again, even if they ARE less expensive. Or at least some kind of loyalty discount.

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:09 pm

Trust me I totally feel you on that but even if Auria aloud it apple wont allow the transfer to be recognized.
Thats why Auria Pro will be an update I believe because you cant transfer in app purchases to a new app. So I would say the same for external purchase from the IOS realm. But I did buy Tornado outside from Auria and I didnt have to repurchase the plugin in Auria.

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:58 am

I wonder what would happen to users who bought plugins in Auria, I guess
we got to purchase them again in Auria Pro

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:40 am

The general rule is Apple has to get their share of money for any features that are unlocked. So if you own Auria already and you buy Auria Pro, you'll be able to transfer your plugin purchases between the two. But if you never bought a FabFilter plugin on the iOS platform, then Apple doesn't allow us to unlock it for you.

Rim

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:52 am

Rim thanks for that explanation, at least my purchase in Auria would be able to use in Pro.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:25 am

To be honest, how can Apple do otherwise? They would destroy their desktop economic model, if people were able to buy the license for a tenth of the cost on iOS, then use it on the desktop. What would be the more likely result is that no desktop dev would ever make their stuff available on iOS.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:35 am

Fabfilter had a 50% discount sale in early Dec a couple of years ago I'm hoping they'll do
another one to coincide with the spectacular release of Auria pro. If it doesn't happen by
the solstice I will personally nudge the probability along by buying the last two I don't have
(pro mb and pro g) at full price. :D

King
Expert

Post by King » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:06 pm

"From Black Friday to Cyber Monday, we offer a 25% discount on the Total Bundle via http://www.fabfilter.com/shop . And If that's not what you're looking for, we recommend that you keep an eye on the website during December ;-)
Floris (FabFilter) - Nov 27, 2015"

I don't know if the last sentence relates to Auria aswell..

So keep an ;) on things.
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________